Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Livorsi control upgrade........No positive stop for neutral? >

Livorsi control upgrade........No positive stop for neutral?

Notices

Livorsi control upgrade........No positive stop for neutral?

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Livorsi control upgrade........No positive stop for neutral?

I was wondering if any of you guys have had a similar problem after upgrading your controls. My boat originally was equipped with the normal two lever controls that did direction and throttle on the same lever(one for each engine). I decided to upgrade to livorsi's slick billet 4lever controls and it appeared everything was perfect until actually using the boat today......for a little background, 27' formula, dual 5.7's; alpha's........ Everything is new from the controls back to the props(I mean everything). All new cables and every part hanging off the back of the transom. Not one part was excluded during the rebuilding of the transom assemblies before hanging the completely new drives off them....... Normally my problem would lead you to the shift cable but again, they are new and appears to be adjusted correctly.........Here is the problem, when shifting, at docking speed, I'll normally stall an engine while moving into neutral. The core problem is I'm not getting a "click" or a "stop" when moving from either f-n or r-n. if you can envision the control not "clicking" or giving a solid "feeling" when moving to neutral" I overshoot neutral and trigger the shift interrupter and kill the engine since the shifter doesnt stop in neutral. I realize operator error is partially to blame but i have a hard time believing this is how they are designed? maybe they are? ......when idling dockside, I can easily avoid stalling by moving and stopping the controls in the right place......I simply can't figure out if there is a setting or step I've failed to make or all 4lever setups are this way. This is the first time I've had anything but a standard gear/ throttle in the same handle setup..Have to admit, I'm stumped on this one and appreciate any feedback.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just have to get used to it. I upgraded the shifters in my 27' Fountain to the Livorsi shifters and there is no click but the shifter should get tight in the middle where neutral is and then push into gear either forward or reverse
Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

i guess it will be my excuse to spend more time on the water. Thanks for the feedback.