Notices

Winterizing Carb question

Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
that is the burst rate..on my refractor the chit is only good for -50*,,what a scam eh! also the pink chit -32* on the refractor..their advertisement is bullchit..
FIXX good to know I didnt really believe 200 below come on. Around here 15 below is about the coldest and that would only be for a few hours in thae early morning. Up north in maine -30 and colder is likely so I would be more concerned
Old 09-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the fuel out of the carb, when the alcohol fuels sits corrodes the hell out of aluminum after a long period...
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I fog the engine, pour oil down carb throat till u cant see 3 feet past boat. remove lower float bowl bolt and drain gas out. Squirt some marvels mystery oil or penetrating oil into carb bowl. Don't forget to pump the accelerator pump to get gas out. I flush the engine with pink antifreeze then remove the block, exhaust manifold, and oil cooler drains and let everything drain out, then blow air to get more water out. I would rather have an air space so IF anything does freeze it has a place to expand. I buy about 20 boxes of dryer sheets at the dollar store. I didn't do dryer sheets one year and the dam squirrels got into it and chewed the fabric on the walls. NEVER use moth balls. The boat will smell like sh1t. I used moth balls inside a car I was storing for one winter and could NEVER get the smell out, even after shampooing and steam cleaning the seats and floor