Notices

Trim Pump QUIT

Old 03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trim Pump QUIT

I was out on Sunday everything running fine, went into a restaurant for a burger, came out and the Bravo Drive wouldn't go up or down, both solenoids are clicking from all switches. I am thinking its a motor, is there anything I should check before I change the motor. Again the pumps were both working fine and they both were pretty even prior to this happening. Any direction would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have one pump per drive. Swap parts. motor, between the two to help isolate the issue.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

I have had a similar thing happen to me. If the solenids are clicking it could be dirty brushes and commutators. I have disassembled the unit exposing the motor and cleaned up the copper with emerycloth, reassembled and had good luck, but only for a limited time (about a sezasons worth) In the end, I have to purchase a new pump motor.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are the battery connections clean & tight? What about the connections at the pumps? I try to start with the basics first as I have been bitten by not checking them in the past. Randy
Old 03-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Are the battery connections clean & tight? What about the connections at the pumps? I try to start with the basics first as I have been bitten by not checking them in the past. Randy
Ayuh,... Ditto,.... Remove, sand to shiny metal Clean, 'n reinstall All the wirin' connections,....

Start at the battery, 'n work through the solenoids to the motor's connections,...
Both the positives, 'n especially the Grounds,... Both ends of the wires,...

Then slather Grease on 'em, to keep 'em corrosion free,...