Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Its a mystery to me.. just condensation? >

Its a mystery to me.. just condensation?

Notices

Its a mystery to me.. just condensation?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just noticed,,you have intercoolers..i forgot to mention that..its rite where the water inlet might be,,that would cause the moisture issue also..180* and 70* water..steam..
Old 07-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

dan does not have innercoolers and i agree the breathers should be on the front of the valve cover,espically with the spring oillers.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
dan does not have innercoolers and i agree the breathers should be on the front of the valve cover,espically with the spring oillers.
from the pic he postedit looked like he had them then i read cold water inler..my mistake.. but that area can be affected from a hot head and cold water tho..
Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

So one motor stopped doing it completely, the other still make a nice milkshake on that one spot in the valve cover, can`t be condensation. LOTO had 80* water and 90*+ temps and it was still doing it. I`m thinking head gasket.?? maybe try to pressure test the cooling system?

Why one fixed its self is a mystery to me.

I guess I`ll pull the motor again this winter and find out what the heck is going on.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

in the 80 degree water did the engine water temp. come up any .
Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Default Update

Turns out it was reversion all along , all summer Ive been trying to find an epoxy that would put up with the heat from the exhaust and be waterproof. Finally got something to stick and not burn up....and once the tails were almost completely dry this was the first weekend with no milky goo. WIN!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the exhaust pulled in water and it ended up in your valve covers? Spooky.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 steps forward 1 back

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Turns out it was reversion all along , all summer Ive been trying to find an epoxy that would put up with the heat from the exhaust and be waterproof. Finally got something to stick and not burn up....and once the tails were almost completely dry this was the first weekend with no milky goo. WIN!
Wish I could say the same. Time for a new block. The funny thing is, the only time water got into the oil was when the water pressure got over 10lbs. River idling and just planed out no issues. The PVC actually pulled the condensated water out as well.(oil temp was obviously high enough) Never had completely milky oil, just inside of the valve covers and oil cap. Dip stick started to get rusty is how I noticed it.

Dan- does the engine experiencing the issue have the same water pressure as the one that doesn't?
Attached Thumbnails Its a mystery to me.. just condensation?-port-engine-crack1.jpg  

Last edited by abmotorman; 09-03-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added info and question