Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit??? >

Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit???

Notices

Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit???

Old 06-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by formulajohn272; 06-03-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
For future reference do you give member discounts? ...Always looking for good connections! Lol
??
Old 06-04-2015, 11:39 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry, I did not answer your first post. It all depends what it is and how big my discounts are. A lot parts need to come to me first and there is shipping, then I have to add shipping to persons buying the parts so the discount sometimes is not the best but other times can be a great buy. It just all depends.

I will say this a lot of times with the internet - no matter of the business most calls for parts are wanting pricing then decide who to buy from with cheapest selling price. In marine business I spend half my day with emails, texts, and phone calls just in giving out prices during boating season. At times it is very time consuming for nothing.

I will say this I can and do offer discounts some better than others, some I could not even buy that same part as to what some are selling it for on the net. What comes with me is, I know how to work on boats and have been for a very long time. Plus I still crawl around boats currently. You get my phone # and are welcome to call anytime within reason about anything boat related and parts related information you need to.

I will and always try to give out the best tips and how to fix many apps correctly plus proper procedures. I have so much OEM info at my finger tips. And the best thing is all of that is free especially if you are doing business with me. I hope this helps fellow boaters out and take that value as huge..

Last edited by BUP; 06-04-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Hardin Marine, they are a much better part and about 100.00 less than the factory brass pump. Just swapped mine out 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Sorry, I did not answer your first post. It all depends what it is and how big my discounts are. A lot parts need to come to me first and there is shipping, then I have to add shipping to persons buying the parts so the discount sometimes is not the best but other times can be a great buy. It just all depends.

I will say this a lot of times with the internet - no matter of the business most calls for parts are wanting pricing then decide who to buy from with cheapest selling price. In marine business I spend half my day with emails, texts, and phone calls just in giving out prices during boating season. At times it is very time consuming for nothing.

I will say this I can and do offer discounts some better than others, some I could not even buy that same part as to what some are selling it for on the net. What comes with me is, I know how to work on boats and have been for a very long time. Plus I still crawl around boats currently. You get my phone # and are welcome to call anytime within reason about anything boat related and parts related information you need to.

I will and always try to give out the best tips and how to fix many apps correctly plus proper procedures. I have so much OEM info at my finger tips. And the best thing is all of that is free especially if you are doing business with me. I hope this helps fellow boaters out and take that value as huge..
Thanks for the reply, I totally understand what you are saying and for crazy projects we have no clue on how to do, help and information is priceless! I notice you are an awesome example of a person who wants to help on here I enjoy reading and learning on all you contribute. If someone helps me solve a problem I would definitely do business with them even if the price was less elsewhere. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need anything that makes sense to buy from you if that makes sense lol.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:24 PM
BUP
Banned

Thanks for the reply back. I try and post what I know and of course there is still more always to learn especially with all of this current stuff coming out now.

I do sell the Hardin kit as well and highly recommend it. The Hardin kit uses the older Bravo impeller (plastic housing one) as their thinking when doing the pump was, they are easier to find and cheaper to buy in most cases. Their housing / and older style bravo impeller are matched for the proper tolerances
Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Thanks for the reply back. I try and post what I know and of course there is still more always to learn especially with all of this current stuff coming out now.

I do sell the Hardin kit as well and highly recommend it. The Hardin kit uses the older Bravo impeller (plastic housing one) as their thinking when doing the pump was, they are easier to find and cheaper to buy in most cases. Their housing / and older style bravo impeller are matched for the proper tolerances
I think I will be needing these on my 502's soon... I noticed on one of mine where the previous owner has gooped sealer around the rear of the housing possibly to seal it up. I wanted to replace the impellers as preventative but I'm afraid to take it apart as I'm sure it will disintegrate when I do lol. Those housings look like the way to go that's for sure... I hate plastic!

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 06-04-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Dave the pump that is talk about on this thread is the Gen VII pump for the 496 / 8.1 and small blocks that have a bravo app 2001 / 2002 and up. Everything 454 / 502 Bravo / smallblocks with Bravo's - 2000 / 2001 and back used the black plastic housings with one wear plate for the impeller housing. OEM stock Mercruiser,

Yes you can still buy a S.S housing for the older models. And yes Hardin has them also. Really if you have a good sea strainer, the black plastic impeller housings have been working for over 25 years in stock and medium HP models.. Actually their is an improved black housing out on the market.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by vindicator101
+1

These things are great. They are in my current boat and my former boat. I never had problems again.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Dave the pump that is talk about on this thread is the Gen VII pump for the 496 / 8.1 and small blocks that have a bravo app 2001 / 2002 and up. Everything 454 / 502 Bravo / smallblocks with Bravo's - 2000 / 2001 and back used the black plastic housings with one wear plate for the impeller housing. OEM stock Mercruiser,

Yes you can still buy a S.S housing for the older models. And yes Hardin has them also. Really if you have a good sea strainer, the black plastic impeller housings have been working for over 25 years in stock and medium HP models.. Actually their is an improved black housing out on the market.
Yes I've seen the Hardin units for my application and seems like a good upgrade. I do not have sea strainers yet but I really want some though, lots of choices out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.