Notices

5 Beeps on 525 efi

Old 07-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 Beeps on 525 efi

Receiving an alarm going off on a 525 efi. 5 beeps about 3 seconds apart and an interval of 45 seconds.

From what I found on web says it is the IAC?? Engine has a 140 hrs on it. I have not had a chance to scan it yet. If I scan it with Rinda scanner will that give me a code if IAC is bad?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

525 Hp for 5 beeps 3 sec long are

MAP sensor error
Coil pack failure
fuel injector failure
oil temp high
fuel pump failure
IAC failure and or connector

Anyone of these but the IAC is a good place to start if you are throwing darts. what are your running symptoms ?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Registered

seemed to run good, Didn't have it out for 10 minutes until alarm went off and it went back on the trailer. I will have to get it back in and diagnosis it.

What is Considered High oil temp which will trigger the alarm?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
seemed to run good, Didn't have it out for 10 minutes until alarm went off and it went back on the trailer. I will have to get it back in and diagnosis it.

What is Considered High oil temp which will trigger the alarm?
I think 210 will trigger the alarm
Old 07-31-2015, 06:26 AM
Registered

update- Engine is actually running very rough. Seems to be loading up with fuel. Idles horrible and will even stall. So far I have switched the IAC between the two engines and also installed a new MAP sensor. Both made no difference. I also attempted to misfire each individual cylinder with the scanner. Creating a misfire on the odd cylinders seemed to not effect the engine. like they are not firing 100%.

Going to do spark plugs next. Any ideas on what's causing this misfire? And Yes alarm is still going off with 5 beeps. I assume that is all related to the same issue.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:14 PM
BUP
Banned

What scan tool are using to scan the engine ?

what fault code(s) are showing - the beeps / alarms will surely have a fault code(s) displayed in the scan ?

I would use sealed inline spark checkers on all 8 and see if all 8 are firing or not while running the engine.

Last edited by BUP; 07-31-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

Fault code #17, 75, 94, 118, 191
Old 08-03-2015, 09:36 PM
BUP
Banned

So you scanned the engine and you are not able to see what the fault code numbers mean ?

Just in case

I am completely going off the top of head here so possible not 100 % but most of the time my memory is good. Might want to check with a Merc dealer about what I post for the fault codes to verify 100 % for . PCM 03 / PCM 555

Fault #'s scripts

17 - MAP sensor idle fault - Smartcraft display should be MAP idle err
script is engine pulls VAC on the inlet at idle so if there is no difference in psi drop from key on to running, MAP sensor may be bad or bad connection or ground issue or airflow is disrupted in the intake system.

Have you done anything to the intake and or throttle plate or throttle bore or flame arrestor (restricted badly) ? just asking

Last edited by BUP; 08-03-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Next do have GPS or how do you monitor speed for your app ? Fault # 94 is a common one - Pitot Pressure circuit low - This is used for boat speed but depending on your set up. Smartcraft fault should read PITOT CKT HI

Fault # 118 Steering Position Circuit high - app specific - steering sensor circuit shorted - this will display in freeze frame if sensor is not wired into Smartcraft - this fault should read on smartcraft - STEER CKT HI

Fault # 75 is Another one that is common - fuel level 1 circuit is high - this is for the primary fuel tank only if 2 fuel tanks are being used / installed - will be displayed on freeze frame if sensor is not wired to smartcraft. - this fault should read on smartcraft - FUEL LVL CKT HI

Fault # 191 - fuel level 2 circuit hi - Smartcraft display FUEL LVL 2 CKT HI - this is the same as fault 75 but is for the secondary fuel tank if 2 fuel tanks are installed in your app.

I hope I got this right because that was a lot of thinking on my part. Just double check it all this info however.

I do not see why your scan did not display what the faults meant or did they tell you ?

Last edited by BUP; 08-03-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
update- Engine is actually running very rough. Seems to be loading up with fuel. Idles horrible and will even stall. So far I have switched the IAC between the two engines and also installed a new MAP sensor. Both made no difference. I also attempted to misfire each individual cylinder with the scanner. Creating a misfire on the odd cylinders seemed to not effect the engine. like they are not firing 100%.

Going to do spark plugs next. Any ideas on what's causing this misfire? And Yes alarm is still going off with 5 beeps. I assume that is all related to the same issue.
look into coils 525 uses 1 coil for 2 cycls at a time