Bravo 1 anode replacement questions >

Bravo 1 anode replacement questions

Notices

Bravo 1 anode replacement questions

Old 06-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 anode replacement questions

88 formula 242ls bravo 1. I thought this was a pretty simple procedure to replace but I manage to run into some issues. First the anodes for the trim rams. I seen that the anodes were missing from the rams which is the first reason I decided to replace them all. Went to put them on and noticed none of the 4 holes in the rams are threaded and are to big to accept the supplied bolts. Am I just a idiot or what?

2nd is the anode behind the prop. Which is either again missing or am I myself missing something/ buried deeper?

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

alright so a little digging and it seems my boat has early alpha 1 gen 2 power trim cylinders which do not have the holes. which is weird since its a bravo outdrive... did the alpha 1's have any trim cylinder anode? still confused on the bearing carrier not having the holes? did the last owner also use alpha 1 parts for that too?
Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1992 Bravo 1 only had the horseshoe anode on the back and a finned block anode on the bottom of the transom. No trim cylinder anodes.

When I replaced the transom unit with a new factory unit about 5 years ago they had eliminated the block on the bottom and replaced it with the trim cylinder anodes (the new transom unit comes with new trim cylinders).

I've never seen an anode behind the prop and my bearing carrier has no holes for one.

Last edited by NightHawk; 06-02-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, I'll throw my 2 cents in on this as I just swapped out mine on our Bravo drive. There was one behind our prop, the horse shoe one at the front, a 2" round plate one under the cav plate on the back and then 1 on each ram. Our rams had a number of holes and 2 of them were tapped. The picture of your drive without the prop isnt showing one. It goes right behind the prop.

Last edited by JohnRork; 06-02-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnRork
a 2" round plate one under the cav plate on the back
yep me too, forgot about that one.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Registered

Okay, I'll throw my 2 cents in on this as I just swapped out mine on our Bravo drive. There was one behind our prop, the horse shoe one at the front, a 2" round plate one under the cav plate on the back and then 1 on each ram. Our rams had a number of holes and 2 of them were tapped. The picture of your drive without the prop isnt showing one. It goes right behind the prop.
all mine has is the horse shoe anode on the front and the round anode underneath the cavitation plate above the prop. what year was your bravo 1?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

1996 or 1997 is the year of our motor and driveline (1994 hull)
Old 07-25-2022, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Same problem. Wondering if I should drill holes to bolt on anodes
Old 07-26-2022, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Same as my 1998.