502 Exhaust Manifolds and Risers time >

502 Exhaust Manifolds and Risers time

Notices

502 Exhaust Manifolds and Risers time

Old 12-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by sergeantnic
I'll try some sandpaper but I'm fairly certain it is pitting from corrosion. Pictures just don't show it well.

Assuming it is not gasket material, same question as before. Will just the gasket suffice?
The gasket should be able to seal it
Old 12-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got the port side all put back together. Hooked up the hose and ran the boat. I loosened up the hose clamps on the down pipe to verify I was seeing water and I can see water coming out the back of the boat.

The exhaust collector is pretty hot to touch but I'm fairly certain it has always been. Is there any way I can verify water is going through the cooling ports? The water I see in the exhaust could be from the bypass that connects directly to the elbow so just want to make sure I'm getting the right amount of water passing through there.

Is there a specific temp I should be trying to make sure the collector is running under? Engine temp never seemed to get high but I'm guessing the exhaust temp sensor just feeds to the computer and would throw an alarm if it got too hot.

I'll tackle the starboard side next weekend.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Registered

The exhaust should not get so hot that it will burn your skin when touched. One side will be cooler then the other, that is just how the water flows. I'm going to guess that since your not having trouble with overheating, you probably don't have an issue
Old 12-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Put this on both sides of the gasket and its done. I also put it on the bolt threads . Sort acts like a mild thread locker and anti seize all in one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex-...&wl13=&veh=sem

Chris
Old 12-25-2016, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the starboard side all back together and ran her yesterday but just around the canals at idle speed. I'm still worried about the temp. I can lay my hand on the starboard collector and it is cool to the touch. But I can't hold my hand on the port side for more than 1 or 2 seconds if that. It is very hot.

I know the port side is typically warmer than starboard and maybe this is just a matter of I'm only running at idle. Just want to see what you guys think.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Registered

I don't see an issue