Notices

Nitrous on 454 mpi mag

Old 11-04-2017, 05:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
Only hardcore racers use nitrous oxide systems!
With 40psi boost
Old 11-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Personally I think the hull would be the determining factor. 38 V bottom??? The problem I had was when I got caught for revenge day with empty tanks. Not cool..... plus a couple minutes wot isn't no where near enough especially when you keep pushing someone out further into rougher water.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If you want a drag boat, buy a drag boat.

if you want an offshore boat to go x mph at 5500 rpm, build it to do that. If you build it correctly to do that, it will. if you dont , it wont. If your using nos to make it do something its not built to do, eventually you end up with pieces instead of parts.

Nos has a place at the dragstrip or in little Jimmie's honda car with the coffee can full of bumble bees exhaust so he can make it from traffic light to traffic light in under 10 minutes,
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Only hardcore racers use nitrous oxide systems!
turbo,nitro motor is the only way to go.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
If you want a drag boat, buy a drag boat.

if you want an offshore boat to go x mph at 5500 rpm, build it to do that. If you build it correctly to do that, it will. if you dont , it wont. If your using nos to make it do something its not built to do, eventually you end up with pieces instead of parts.

Nos has a place at the dragstrip or in little Jimmie's honda car with the coffee can full of bumble bees exhaust so he can make it from traffic light to traffic light in under 10 minutes,
Pieces are what I eventually ended up with. Had some unrecognizable parts during tear down. Mostly my own fault cause I was young and held the button to long. Even though I thought I had enough fuel to compensate it was obvious I didn't. A couple of spark plugs were burned right down to a few threads and piston came completely apart and transferred from side to side making a complete mess out things. That's when I met Valako and decided to make power other ways. Wish I still had the pics of that disaster but that was back in the 36 mm days.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:48 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

"Nitrous does not blow up engines, people blow up engines!"
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/engin...-305-take-nos/

That being said, if you try to get by without setting the motor up right, or try pushing how much timing you can run or how far you can lean it out, nitrous will ruin parts very quickly......

Also, the only time you see nitrous explosions is generally when something in the valve train breaks.... And in drag racing, it is usually because people can't do a burnout and bang the motor off the rev limiter. Just watched a guy do the exact same thing the other weekend and the whole car almost went up in fire. The other cause of failure is a stuck solenoid from getting junk in the tanks and not being properly filtered.

Last edited by Coolerman; 11-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

"Nitrous does not blow up engines, people blow up engines!"
Engine Masters Ep. 13 Asks: How Much Nitrous Does it Take to Scatter a Stock Engine? - Hot Rod Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScojLj139A

That being said, if you try to get by without setting the motor up right, or try pushing how much timing you can run or how far you can lean it out, nitrous will ruin parts very quickly......

Also, the only time you see nitrous explosions is generally when something in the valve train breaks.... And in drag racing, it is usually because people can't do a burnout and bang the motor off the rev limiter. Just watched a guy do the exact same thing the other weekend and the whole car almost went up in fire. The other cause of failure is a stuck solenoid from getting junk in the tanks and not being properly filtered.
sometimes,,just some times the converter breaks and loads the motor down too much,you pop a headgasket and the explosion goes up the other cylinder and almost blows your scoop off,all at the 1000' mark.not that I know anything about that.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree. I don’t really see the benefit of nitrous in a boat. A car or truck that’s a different story