Notices

Exhaust Help

Old 05-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
How tall qhere the blocks in between the stock manifold and riser ?
3"
I would really like to see similar setups and deff would like to see the gils in place as the more I ponder and look at pics of the 3" taller emi, im pretty sure that they are still not going to have the same exit angle as the stock manifolds had and therefore im still gunna be burning exhaust tubes due to the hot gasses no being pointed straight through the tips in my transom.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Registered

That's a standard Bravo Gil exhaust. I don't have a pic of the 3in taller but they go thru same location in the transom.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Derrick

That's a standard Bravo Gil exhaust. I don't have a pic of the 3in taller but they go thru same location in the transom.
The risers angle straight towards the transom right at the end.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:54 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by jryotas
3"
I would really like to see similar setups and deff would like to see the gils in place as the more I ponder and look at pics of the 3" taller emi, im pretty sure that they are still not going to have the same exit angle as the stock manifolds had and therefore im still gunna be burning exhaust tubes due to the hot gasses no being pointed straight through the tips in my transom.
Then ,there you go. You tell the exh company your boat had 3" spacers OE (they where OE right ? And the exhaust was fine, right ?)

It's usually as easy as that. If you or they have any further questions, then you/they will ask.

Most boats where made without the spacers. Some with 3". And some 6".
Old 05-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered

So gunna try this . Had my local exhaust guy add 2" on to the EMI risers and angled em up a little so they will line up better with the hose out the back. Figure it will work since they are actually longer than they were originally from EMI.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by jryotas

So gunna try this . Had my local exhaust guy add 2" on to the EMI risers and angled em up a little so they will line up better with the hose out the back. Figure it will work since they are actually longer than they were originally from EMI.
i don’t see how that helps you. your water dump is so far back up the pipe. Do you plan to cover the newly welded piece all the way back to where water dump is? That’s a bit ghetto. Why not just do it right?
Old 05-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1

i don’t see how that helps you. your water dump is so far back up the pipe. Do you plan to cover the newly welded piece all the way back to where water dump is? That’s a bit ghetto. Why not just do it right?
So I am confused by your comment. My original issue with these risers was the exhaust gas exit angle was wrong and I was overheating exhaust tubes. I originally tried cutting a lil slant in the risers to correct this and ended up noticing reversion issues because I had shortened them too much. So I figured this was the correct way to fix this issue. Please tell me if there is a better way. Why is it an issue with the water dumping out before the exhaust gasses do? This is how just about all risers are made or at least I thought.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

The problem isn't the angle of the riser, it's the holes in the transom. Suppose to be standard for a Bravo 1. I've seen the holes off as far as 3-4 inches, up, down all over. The EMI Riser is the same angle as the stock merc. Don't go 3" taller, that moves the everything up 3" inches. Might want to look at Transom Rings & Seals.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 05-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

So now have your welder do the same to the outer tube and it should work out, might also have him weld in a little dam or a ring around the inner to help reversion.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for Sh|ts and giggles I would add an EGT bung and O2 bung while they are off, then cap them on the install. but i like to see that kind of info.
Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
There is more than one way to solve a problem. if you look at one of the 1st pics he as a the anti reversion exhaust flaps in the pipe.

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS;4628286[b
]So now have your welder do the same to the outer tube and it should work out, might also have him weld in a little dam or a ring around the inner to help reversion.
I agree with this.

Last edited by KeatonAZ; 05-24-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.