Notices

Exhaust Help

Old 05-24-2018, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

The proposed fix might work it just isn’t something I would do on my own boat. Maybe I’m just particular.

That jacketed tube should extend such that it just about butts up with the exhaust tip. There should only need to be a short 3-4” straight rubber section. The current pipes are ill fitting you are trying to compensate with a contorted 1 foot long piece of rubber.

I would be worried the rubber tube collapsing over time. I would also be worried about water reversion given the water re-enters the exhaust so close after the bend.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Registered

Here are some pics from custom exhaust I had made last year.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking setup. How loud is that?
Old 05-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Registered

So are you guys saying that the risers were flawed direct from EMI due to the exhaust exiting 3" past the ewater jackets ? I am starting to think this from what yall are suggesting yet this is how the factory risers work.

So what keeps the heat from those pipes from burning up the transom? looks like the water exits at the end therefore no cooling of the exhaust tubes happens ?
Old 05-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryotas
So are you guys saying that the risers were flawed direct from EMI due to the exhaust exiting 3" past the ewater jackets ? I am starting to think this from what yall are suggesting yet this is how the factory risers work.

So what keeps the heat from those pipes from burning up the transom? looks like the water exits at the end therefore no cooling of the exhaust tubes happens ?
Not flawed but kind of generic setup geared towards working in multiple applications. Feel free to give me a call. I can probably help you out one way or another.
586 822 1513

Cheers
Derrick
Old 05-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Derrick
Not flawed but kind of generic setup geared towards working in multiple applications. Feel free to give me a call. I can probably help you out one way or another.
586 822 1513

Cheers
Derrick
agreed not flawed, like Derrick said it’s a generic setup for generic measurements. Should have probably opted for a more custom setup such that the riser lines up better with your exhaust tip. Because they don’t align well you are left trying to modify the pipes yourself which isn’t an ideal situation. im guessing you paid good money for exhaust, they should fit like a glove.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

I really can't understand what the confusion is here . Your original transom outlets were cut for risers that were 3" higher and you put on (bought) 'standard height' risers that are too short.
There's only one way to fix it properly and that's invest in the correct height risers.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck
Old 06-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Registered

Well, new EMI riser showed up today . Installed they seem to line up better except the water connection from the manifold to the riser sux ass ! Prob done with EMI !

Old 06-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

That's better !
Short pieces of hose hate intense curves like that if they're not specifically made for the application .
Shop around for something that might do the trick . I know you want it neat and it'll make you feel a lot better if you can source the right ones .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.