Like Tree6Likes

Holley/ Starting issue

Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Default Holley/ Starting issue

got the motor back in the boat and did my wiring and im having a crank-no start
i think i screwed up my ignition source wire for the Holley.

i have a red/white wire then needs a switched 12v source IN.
i have it tapped into the purple wire - pin 5 on the boat side of the 10pin cannon plug.
i feel like i have this wrong

HELP

Old 05-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Registered

Did you put a light or meter on the power sources? The purple wire is hot when the key is on. Holley Sniper?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Registered

Holley HP EFI i haven't yet. ran into this no start last night in the dark so i stopped well i was ahead and thought id ask and make sure this is a 12V switched source. all the wiring diagrams from Merc that i can find leave a lot to be desired
Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

......how do you have the controller wired
Old 05-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Registered

I have the basic Sniper system, but the handheld will do a systems check before allowing it to start. Be sure the +/- go straight to the battery.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Registered

The purple wire to the switched red/white wire sounds correct to me. Make sure you have +12v at the purple wire when the ignition is turned on.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
......how do you have the controller wired
it is soldered unless you mean the whole unit in witch case i used the Holley harness - its on a 03 575SCI

the positive and neg are right to battery 1, the one i use to run on

no meter yet. going to do that today that cannon looks like a real &^*( to probe at well its plugged in. went to start it at the end of the night and it it just cranked so i stopped and thought i would check my wire selection

Last edited by LTZCrew; 05-16-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

check for fuel also, does the high pressure pump load with fuel pressure ? we need some more info, where did you splice into the purple wire, where does the purple wire end up on the engine harness, what ignition / coil are you running
Old 05-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
check for fuel also, does the high pressure pump load with fuel pressure ? we need some more info, where did you splice into the purple wire, where does the purple wire end up on the engine harness, what ignition / coil are you running
has fuel, pulled the filter off the intake and can see it on the injection plate
spliced into the purple wire about 3 inches behind the cannon plug on the boat side - not the motor side
ignition/coil is all factory 575sci replacement items. motor ran on the dyno with all this. the only thing that has changed wit it being put into the boat is a diffrent fuel pump - set at same pressure - 48-50 psi the power and ground wires of the ECU and the red/white signal wire
Old 05-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Registered

You should be able to hear the pump Prime for a good three seconds, or at least mine does.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser