Notices

motors running way too fat,

Old 05-06-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by flashgordon
how do i change to a 2 circuit???

thanks for advice
Well if you read the link SB provided, there is a thread with another link to the instructions...

Motorsports Village ? View topic - Two Circuit Holley Dominator Conversion

Last edited by speicher lane; 05-06-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

you can also contact Holley to see if they have the proper metering blocks or companies like AED for aftermarket
Old 05-06-2021, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by flashgordon
how do i change to a 2 circuit???

thanks for advice
Originally Posted by speicher lane
Well if you read the link SB provided, there is a thread with another link to the instructions...

Go to Motorsports village and read up on 2 circuit conversion. They also will explain how to jet down the transfer slot. That is most likely where a lot of your problem is also.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
no it cant get wet, if your tail pipes are not jacketed you cant add bungs in them
well i think i have a welding project here.....
i just need to make one extension from each motor jacketed...
going to look into tubing sizes...

thanks again..
Old 05-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

ok,,thaks for the link
i will check it out

thanks again
Old 05-06-2021, 04:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fbc25el
Go to Motorsports village and read up on 2 circuit conversion. They also will explain how to jet down the transfer slot. That is most likely where a lot of your problem is also.
ok,,,thanks for advice...
i need to do some reading

Old 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I`d throw Sniper EFI on it and forget all that messing around with 30 year old carbs
The following users liked this post:
sutphen 30 (05-09-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 05:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

wow...thats some interesting stuff...going to have read that several times....

Old 05-27-2021, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When you do the AFR system you will need to do an oxygen sensor spacer. It's a 90 degree elbow that keeps your sensor back out of the exhaust flow.
I was a know-it-all that they are a cheat and distort your readings, But without the spacer I would ruin my sensor every time I idled down on a warm engine.
This with a not overly aggressive cam and super long extra height risers which in combination, were intended to mitigate reversion.
But nope. wet sensor. I think they cost 70 or 90 bucks apiece.
The AFR gauge is such a game changer. With it you can dial in things so easily. Once it's on there you'll be glad you did it.

Oh, and be smart and buy a jet kit or an assortment with sizes below where you are starting, with it you can do your jet changes so quick compared to ordering and waiting for every size. The jet screwdrivers are a nice tool for this stuff too. Cheap hand tool to help keep you from dropping parts in the bilge.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

Originally Posted by NHGuy
When you do the AFR system you will need to do an oxygen sensor spacer. It's a 90 degree elbow that keeps your sensor back out of the exhaust flow.
I was a know-it-all that they are a cheat and distort your readings, But without the spacer I would ruin my sensor every time I idled down on a warm engine.
This with a not overly aggressive cam and super long extra height risers which in combination, were intended to mitigate reversion.
But nope. wet sensor. I think they cost 70 or 90 bucks apiece.
The AFR gauge is such a game changer. With it you can dial in things so easily. Once it's on there you'll be glad you did it.

Oh, and be smart and buy a jet kit or an assortment with sizes below where you are starting, with it you can do your jet changes so quick compared to ordering and waiting for every size. The jet screwdrivers are a nice tool for this stuff too. Cheap hand tool to help keep you from dropping parts in the bilge.
helloNH,,,yea after chatting with few people,,,i understand i can not get sensor wet. this maybe a challenge, since after my headers , my extension pipes are wet. i thought about making them dry,,,would take alittle work,,but havent gone any further with that.
guys that are running dry exhaust systems,,dont the extension tips running thru transom get hot???
but thanks for advice,,,i still may do something here.will look up the spacers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.