Notices

Engine boxing/ shipping

Old 03-28-2023, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Engine boxing/ shipping

Just recently had to pull my engines again and ship them off after getting it rigged and done… I took several pictures of how I did it in hopes it may help someone else in the future thought I would share.

About $165 in materials and it was $810 to ship them fully dressed from Nashville Tn. To northern Massachusetts.

hope it may help someone!

happy engine pulling and shipping!

Old 03-28-2023, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Nice job. One of my customers does basically the same thing and uses UPS freight. I let him bring them to the shop and get picked up there because his shop is in a residential area. Who did you use for the shipping ? Price sounds about right.
The following users liked this post:
Nephalim (05-05-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Registered

Default Same

Originally Posted by BillK
Nice job. One of my customers does basically the same thing and uses UPS freight. I let him bring them to the shop and get picked up there because his shop is in a residential area. Who did you use for the shipping ? Price sounds about right.

i pretty much do the same thing I use ABF freight I can be at one of their hubs in about 30 minutes for either drop off or pick up so it makes it pretty easy! Haven’t had any trouble with them yet using them. Fingers crossed lol!
Nephalim (05-05-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Hopefully some of those beer will make you feel better about this whole ordeal
87CigCafe (03-28-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 07:00 PM
Registered

Default You are right!

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Hopefully some of those beer will make you feel better about this whole ordeal

hahaha you are right buddy! This night I ran out of my normal mic ultras and had to dig into the bottom of the fridge to the ones that get left behind by friends! It’s gonna take many many more to ease this pain as you know…
Old 03-29-2023, 10:21 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK
Nice job. One of my customers does basically the same thing and uses UPS freight.
And they make it there in one piece? UPS freight at least for us is a joke...every single shipment we get from one specific electric motor mfg in Mexico comes in looking like the load was dropped by some forklift operator and then everything was scooped up by a front end loader into an oversized cardboard box and plastic wrapped up! Best part is we have the motor mfg take pics of the pallets when they get picked up....from there they go to a hub in TX...straight to a hub here in IL then on a truck out for delivery....but they can never figure out where the damage happens! UPS pays us every time too....im not sure if they have made any money on any of our shipments yet!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-29-2023, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
And they make it there in one piece? UPS freight at least for us is a joke...every single shipment we get from one specific electric motor mfg in Mexico comes in looking like the load was dropped by some forklift operator and then everything was scooped up by a front end loader into an oversized cardboard box and plastic wrapped up! Best part is we have the motor mfg take pics of the pallets when they get picked up....from there they go to a hub in TX...straight to a hub here in IL then on a truck out for delivery....but they can never figure out where the damage happens! UPS pays us every time too....im not sure if they have made any money on any of our shipments yet!
We've had issues with all LTL carriers. If it's not crated for a hurricane good luck.

PSA on LTL freight,
If it's busted up, damaged, or whatnot. Leave it on the truck and refuse it due to the damage!
We have had issues where once unloaded then on our floor they deny claims because they "claim" they have no proof it happened in their care and could of happened on our floor.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:31 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
We've had issues with all LTL carriers. If it's not crated for a hurricane good luck.

PSA on LTL freight,
If it's busted up, damaged, or whatnot. Leave it on the truck and refuse it due to the damage!
We have had issues where once unloaded then on our floor they deny claims because they "claim" they have no proof it happened in their care and could of happened on our floor.
Yeah we dont let the driver leave untill he himself calls the office to report the damage for us and gets a ticket number.....then we start the process of taking all the stuff out of their box and looking through what is/is not damaged. They usually send some roving rep over to see the damage as well each time.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
87CigCafe (03-29-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Nice crates, but why ship instead of hauling them to the destination?
Old 03-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Registered

Default About that

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Nice crates, but why ship instead of hauling them to the destination?
16.5hr drive one way I’ll gladly pay 800 bucks to not deal with that lol but that’s just me
The following 2 users liked this post by 87CigCafe:
Helmwurst (03-31-2023), Wally (03-30-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.