Looking for some advise on 38ZX

Notices

Looking for some advise on 38ZX

Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Looking for some advise on 38ZX

I currently have a 35 Cigarette that I love, the ride is great and the boat is well built. I have been considering buying a different boat due to the fact I have 2 kids (4&6) that are starting to come out more. The reason would really be for the cabin and the ability to stay on the boat overnight for for the weekend. I love running in big water. My question is how would this boat compare to the Cigarette(ride craftsmanship etc). I had a Baja before the Cigarette and there is no comparison(use to have to screw Baja back together after a good ride). Any comments or advise would be great. I rode in a 42 Fountain and that was definitely not for me(great in flat water but terrible in 3ft chop).

Last edited by 4195; 08-13-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I currently have a 35 Cigarette that I love, the ride is great and the boat is well built. I have been considering buying a different boat due to the fact I have 2 kids (4&6) that are starting to come out more. The reason would really be for the cabin and the ability to stay on the boat overnight for for the weekend. I love running in big water. My question is how would this boat compare to the Cigarette(ride craftsmanship etc). I had a Baja before the Cigarette and there is no comparison(use to have to screw Baja back together after a good ride). Any comments or advise would be great. I rode in a 42 Fountain and that was definitely not for me(great in flat water but terrible in 3ft chop).
What Fountain did you go out in?? The 42 actually does have a great ride in the big stuff we get around here. You just have to run the boat fast to get the great ride. I think the Donzi is going to have a good ride by its a tank and will crush the waves. Have Steve from the marina take you out in his for a test drive. Another boat to look at for amenities and ride is Black Thunder and Sonic.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldnt have any dissapointments in the Donzi.. It should eat that rough stuff up.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Thanks guys! I am still just kicking it around but thought this would be the best place to get some info.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 38ZX was awesome in the chop at LOTO, which can get really nasty. I was not completely satisfied with the craftmaship though. I had alot of things coming loose in the cabin after a rough ride on LOTO. The headliner was coming down, and the light valance that runs along the top in the cabin fell down in the Vberth. That was not an easy item to fix. Other than that, the boat is awesome. The owner whom owned to boat prior to me wasn't the best af mantenance whicn I attribute some of the problems to.

One thing I will say, Donzi is a nice boat, but it isn't a cig.

Corey
Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Thanks Corey
That was exactly what my concern was.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat is amazing in the rough stuff but you have to remember that you're driving a luxury condo on the water. The boat can take it, but the cabin will not. I wonder if the Black Thunders have the same problems? Cigs are great because you don't have to worry about your television popping out, your a/c not working or if your vacu-flush toilet will still be intact or any part of your headliner when you stop. Donzi makes a great boat. No boat is perfect, everything is a trade-off.