28 donzi w 350s >

28 donzi w 350s

Notices

28 donzi w 350s

Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Undertaker
Do not get a 28ZX with a single you will not be happy....

Is that because they are not fast enough? I know of a 28 with a single that runs in the mid 80's. Well. You would have to drop some coin to get that out of twins.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the boat is better balanced with the twin small blocks, I had a 2000 28ZX w/ 350's boat ran 72 mph all day, throw some whipples on it or get scorpion motors and you will run 80-82 all day....I know a guy who has a special built motor in his 28ZX and has a ton of money in the motor over $10 g's and still runs about 76-77 on a good day.
IMO you need a lot of horsepower in a single 28ZX to run in the 80's they are heavy boats.....

Undertaker
Old 11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Also IMO a single 28ZX with stock motor would also be a pig to get up on plane with the twins it was not an issue..that is what I mean when I say (better balanced)....
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered

Also IMO a single 28ZX with stock motor would also be a pig to get up on plane with the twins it was not an issue..that is what I mean when I say (better balanced)....
So have you driven a single? I have

They get up on a plane just fine. Even with a shorty.

I think that the twins are nice but the boat runs just fine with a single.

You can get one with a nice reliable 500 EFI and it will run 72 just like on with twin 350's. If you want to run in the 80's you only have to buy one blower. The singles have a bunch room in the engine compartment. Those 350's look shoehorned in to me.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered

IMO the boat is better balanced with the twin small blocks, I had a 2000 28ZX w/ 350's boat ran 72 mph all day, throw some whipples on it or get scorpion motors and you will run 80-82 all day....I know a guy who has a special built motor in his 28ZX and has a ton of money in the motor over $10 g's and still runs about 76-77 on a good day.
IMO you need a lot of horsepower in a single 28ZX to run in the 80's they are heavy boats.....

Undertaker
He must not have it set up right. I have a friend that has one with a blown 500 EFI that runs 85 with on 5lbs of boost. I have personally driven it at 81mph and it handles great.

Next year he will take it into the 90's. That would be one heck of a feat with twins. I guess it could be done with whippled Scorps. Now you are talking about serious

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 11-15-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered

Like I said its my opinion and preference, I have owned a driven a twin 28ZX & 33ZX now own a 22 classic....never have driven a single 28ZX so I will not say anymore I will take your workd for it, my only reference is the guy I know with the 28ZX with the worked motor who runs 76-77MPH tops..

How much HP does the 500 EFI w/supercharger boat produce...just curious....
Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Also when I said I would not want a 28ZX single I was talking more about single stock motor vs twin stock motor, you can always add HP to any motor and make the boat run faster....but for somebody who is buying a Donzi 28ZX for the first time IMO I would go with a stock twin boat... You see more twin 28ZX boats than you do singles...I think and I am far from a Donzi expert it was because the boat ran and performed better STOCK with twins than single....

Undertaker
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ladies, ladies, ladies.... fight nice.. lol

The 500hp with an m3 has to be roughly in the 700hp range with 5psi.. That could equate to apx very low 80's with the right set up..

That said the person that Undertaker is talking about I know as well.. I didnt do the work on it, but it does only run in the mid to upper 70's on a good day from when we ran with him in a poker run a while back.. His engine though is not putting out 700hp, my guess is that he is in the 600 range.

In all honesty there is no cheap way to go for big speed #'s in this hull, it all costs money.. It comes down to preference..

Me for example I am not afraid to put money into what I like.. There are pros & cons about single engine & twin engine applications.. Out of the box the twin engine small blocks are faster in the 28 than the single. Even if it had a 500 or 525 in it, the twins will still be giving it a good run for the $$..

If you are looking for flat out potential there is a lot to be had by working 2 small blocks in that 28..

Just m 2 cents on that hull..

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DONZI33
Ladies, ladies, ladies.... fight nice.. lol

The 500hp with an m3 has to be roughly in the 700hp range with 5psi.. That could equate to apx very low 80's with the right set up..

That said the person that Undertaker is talking about I know as well.. I didnt do the work on it, but it does only run in the mid to upper 70's on a good day from when we ran with him in a poker run a while back.. His engine though is not putting out 700hp, my guess is that he is in the 600 range.

In all honesty there is no cheap way to go for big speed #'s in this hull, it all costs money.. It comes down to preference..

Me for example I am not afraid to put money into what I like.. There are pros & cons about single engine & twin engine applications.. Out of the box the twin engine small blocks are faster in the 28 than the single. Even if it had a 500 or 525 in it, the twins will still be giving it a good run for the $$..

If you are looking for flat out potential there is a lot to be had by working 2 small blocks in that 28..

Just m 2 cents on that hull..

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.. Jamie / Lakeside

Who you calling a lady......my point exactly you need lots of HP to move this heavy boat....Oh well I am just a stock 496 HO 22 classic owner, I can't hang with the Big Donzi, Big Horsepower boys......or can I...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

What would a ZXO run with a Raylared 496? What about a Raylared & Whippled 496? I've looked into this as my next boat and would like to take my engine with me.

Quick Reply: 28 donzi w 350s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.