28 donzi w 350s >

28 donzi w 350s

Notices

28 donzi w 350s

Old 11-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dang it Jamie. Can't you let us have a pissing match without your two cents

No, I would not have a stock 28 single over a stock 28 for the same money with twins. But then I would not have a stock anything

I guess that my point is that a properly setup (non stock)28 runs fine.

Jamie is pretty close on with the hp/speed numbers. My friends blown 500 efi was programmed by Marc Boos who got around 750 on the dyno with that setup. 750 hp+shorty gets him to 85 on the nose. Actually his high number is 85.9. That aint bad at all especially since he has about as much invested in the boat as a stock 28 with twins that runs 72.

Now as far as Fasttrucker's 28 goes, it sounds like Jamie really needs to set him up with a blower so he can run in the 80's too
Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez.....
Looks like I need to pay more attention to whats going on in here.......Thanks for the props Bill......however I will not be able to keep up with you in the near future....once I hit 250-300 hrs take the motor out.........and add some goodies and then a little more boost.....maybe then maybee I will be able to keep up with your new project....I do love my 500 EFI M-3 set-up! for now mid 80's is fine with me.
LRT
Old 11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Geez.....
Looks like I need to pay more attention to whats going on in here.......Thanks for the props Bill......however I will not be able to keep up with you in the near future....once I hit 250-300 hrs take the motor out.........and add some goodies and then a little more boost.....maybe then maybee I will be able to keep up with your new project....I do love my 500 EFI M-3 set-up! for now mid 80's is fine with me.
LRT
250-300 hours? That would be optimal but I doubt you can leave that boat alone long enough. Give me at least a year in the catbird seat and be careful or else we will be hanging No 6's off our boats in a couple of years!

There is starting to be an opinion around my house that you may have inspired my latest project. I have not let on that its true. I dropped by Eddie's to take another check today. I guess that I had better get used to that. Breaking the 825 hp make is going to be expensive.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi 350s

Im not really interested in big speed. I just want a boat large enough to handle Southern California oceans at a comfortable pace. I would prefer to do 50-55mph all the way to the islands. Ive done it in my Scarab 22 on calm days but those are few. I figured a donzi 28 gives me a longer hull, better ride and a single could still get me the speed I wanted. Plus Better gas mileage.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by airshares
Im not really interested in big speed. I just want a boat large enough to handle Southern California oceans at a comfortable pace. I would prefer to do 50-55mph all the way to the islands. Ive done it in my Scarab 22 on calm days but those are few. I figured a donzi 28 gives me a longer hull, better ride and a single could still get me the speed I wanted. Plus Better gas mileage.
Basically it takes x amount of hp to push a 28ZX at a certain speed. It also takes basically the same amount of fuel to generate that hoursepower. It does not matter whether it is a twin or single. The single will be a little more efficient because of less weight and less drag.

If you want to run at 50-55 all the way in a stocker and run offshore then a twin might be the answer. If you could find one well dialed in with a 500 EFI that would work as well and be slightly more efficient. Undertaker is right that you can't do that in a stock 502. If you are okay cruising around 45 you can do it with a stock 502

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 11-16-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Louisville Boater
Dang it Jamie. Can't you let us have a pissing match without your two cents

No, I would not have a stock 28 single over a stock 28 for the same money with twins. But then I would not have a stock anything

Jamie is pretty close on with the hp/speed numbers. My friends blown 500 efi was programmed by Marc Boos who got around 750 on the dyno with that setup. 750 hp+shorty gets him to 85 on the nose. Actually his high number is 85.9. That aint bad at all especially since he has about as much invested in the boat as a stock 28 with twins that runs 72.

Now as far as Fasttrucker's 28 goes, it sounds like Jamie really needs to set him up with a blower so he can run in the 80's too
I have known Bill (Fasttrucker) for a few years now.. Nice guy to run on the bay with.. I have been telling him for a while now he should have me hook him up with a blower shop or whipple set up in that thing & be done with it.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by airshares

If thats all you want & you dont care about twins look for a 26zx.. Same boat less 14"... They have the same amount of cockpit & cabin space. The interiors are the same as the 28. The only difference is in the engine compartment. The 26 is a wave crusher as well.. I love mine, especially with my new blower motor.. Now I just have to finish propping it out.. Then I can load it with tits & ass this coming summer..lol Jamie / Lakeside

Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

I agree 100 percent....
If ya buy a 26ZX or 28ZX or 33ZX or 22 classic you can not go wrong because they are Donzi's and are great boats:d

Jaime, I HOPE you get your boat on the bay with us next summer...I promise to keep you & fasttrucker behind me at all times

Undertaker
Old 11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Undertaker

I agree 100 percent....
If ya buy a 26ZX or 28ZX or 33ZX or 22 classic you can not go wrong because they are Donzi's and are great boats:d

Jaime, I HOPE you get your boat on the bay with us next summer...I promise to keep you & fasttrucker behind me at all times

Undertaker
We plan to go boating on the bay with you guys this coming year.. I really missed not getting there this past summer.. I guess I will have to just go away twice as much this year to make up for missing out last year..

As far as keepin behind you?? Sure if ya have some eye candy on board I will stay behind ya all day.. lol Boating is not all just about goin fast, you have to take in the sights as well.. Tell Kim to get her Bikini ready, Maybe her & Kristin can match..

Jamie

Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Default fuel consumption...

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Basically it takes x amount of hp to push a 28ZX at a certain speed. It also takes basically the same amount of fuel to generate that hoursepower. It does not matter whether it is a twin or single. The single will be a little more efficient because of less weight and less drag.

If you want to run at 50-55 all the way in a stocker and run offshore then a twin might be the answer. If you could find one well dialed in with a 500 EFI that would work as well and be slightly more efficient. Undertaker is right that you can't do that in a stock 502. If you are okay cruising around 45 you can do it with a stock 502
In an Active Thunder 28 w/350mag/MPI's I get 2.8mpg at cruise,32-3500rpm's; this is better than a single 500hp, 500 or 525 efi....Probably 496 too. We run with a guy from NJ in some pruns in his 28ZXO, nice boat but is not able to handle the rough stuff quite as good as the AT. Not quite as deep, little less freeboard and more side to side rolling in the crosswake "washing-machine" type stuff. The boat is 1-2 mph faster than my AT 28 with same power though. Nice efficient hull; great all around boat; very capable compared to most 28's.
The twins are the way to go if you plan on going offshore though...think about it.
The 350mag/MPI's are turn key, fuel misers with no issues. The 377's & 6.2's have had some issues.
I have almost 400hrs with no upgrades except Stainless Marine exhaust; added 150 rpms.

Quick Reply: 28 donzi w 350s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.