Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Fastest 26 >

Fastest 26

Notices

Fastest 26

Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are going to up the ante on the cubes, heads, flow etc, you will need bigger injectors and a decent base calibration for the ECU. Just something to remember. While you are doing that, I would recommend changing over to a better boost reference regulator
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean by "better boost reference regulator"
Old 06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi-joey
What do you mean by "better boost reference regulator"
The typical procharger setup utilizes a boost reference fuel pressure regulator. It works ok but as you go up in hp it is not reliable enough. If you heat it up and it sticks you will lean out and melt pistons in a hurry.

The procharger regulator has been used successfully up to around 700hp. If you are going to the trouble of freshening everything you should do that too.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered

What would you reccomend for a fuel pressure reg?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi-joey
What would you reccomend for a fuel pressure reg?
There are a few options out there. Your best bet is to talk to whoever is going to do the cal on the ECU. I would let them give you the recipe for the combo. Everyone has an opinion but their will count the most for your situation.

My engine has evolved to the point that the only thing that came from Procharger is the blower, bracket and pulley. For instance, I could tell you what injectors I am using and if you used them but your tuner thought you had 55 lb injectors, the whole engine would be WAY out of tune. The same thing would be true with my fuel pressure reference setup.

I would suggest talking to a tuner, tell them how much power you want to make and they will tell you what you need to do. It will be well worth what you pay for.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Registered

103 MPH! Getting kind of crazy. It was actually pretty stable yesterday.

Thunderusone was there in his Outerlimits at 110.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

Default new donzi

Three weeks ago I purchased a 96 27zx with Bravo 3 and a 502... ~400hrs mint condition. Freshwater only. This boat has seen 55 with 4-6 people. I have been looking at procharger vs. whipple exhaust ect. I have a few questions for you experienced guys...

What kind of abuse can that bravo 3 take? 950hp??

Should I supercharge it or do anything with those hrs on the motor??

If I have to rebuild first I might as well build one hell of a motor after my season is over here in Texas. What are you guys running and how mch did it cost you to crack that 100mph mark?

Thanks

Alex
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onelightmind
Three weeks ago I purchased a 96 27zx with Bravo 3 and a 502... ~400hrs mint condition. Freshwater only. This boat has seen 55 with 4-6 people. I have been looking at procharger vs. whipple exhaust ect. I have a few questions for you experienced guys...

If I have to rebuild first I might as well build one hell of a motor after my season is over here in Texas. What are you guys running and how mch did it cost you to crack that 100mph mark?

Thanks

Alex
80k to start
Old 07-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

Yep... Burnt a few hrs on here looking at boat stuff and decided I need 25K for the engine and another 7500 for an XR drive... darn.

Did find a procharger with ecu remapped and fuel pump for $3500.00 said ~50hrs but you never know... now worried about two things. Engine hrs and drive capabilities.

Any suggestions would be great.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onelightmind

Thanks

Alex
I have heard one rumor but never actually heard of another 26 or 27ZX breaking 100. It is a really nice hull up to 85. It is not bad up to 95 but if it gets out of shape then look out.

Your 27ZX is a non-step. I had one. It is a great hull but needs lot's of power to get up and go. You would probably need over 1,000 hp to see big numbers. Lose the BIII and add some boost with a few goodies and you can have a very nice 75mph boat. You will be able to run that 70+ in nasty water that will send some of the other guys home. That is nothing to sneeze at. Oh yeah, don't just slap a huffer on that 400 hour motor.

If you are dead set on having a 90+ mph boat, your best bet is to sell what you have and buy Bryan Rose's 27ZX. It is a light layup and one of the first twin steps made. He has spent YEARS dialing it in. It is loaded to the max and very clean. You would spend an EASY 40k over what he wants for that boat to duplicate it assuming you could find a similar step hull 27. Not to mention a couple of years min figuring it all out.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 07-06-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Fastest 26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.