Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Boat shopping >

Boat shopping

Notices

Boat shopping

Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the tan in my boat, it's an accent color. Hotter than the white but doable. I like the color personally.

I see the 35 zr with HO's as a performance boat you can run every day. The 38 zr is more exotic... faster, a bit cooler, but chances are the 38 zr owner also has a center console (or something else that floats) to run around in as well.

For a single boater with some concept of a budget... 35 with black engines is a hell of a boat.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for the imput!

Regarding a good scrubbing...the no cover with the dark paint makes me go OCD CRAZY!!! But maybe I could get the wife to clean it in a nice thong while I watch...

I like the combo of the one in Austin a little better but we already have blue towels from the current boat haha. Who knows what we will buy but so far this 35 ZR is the only thing the wife and I both can agree on is nice....it is that or an older Top Gun...although she would still love a Formula Sport Cruiser...no thanks...no kids!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Wife and I drove to Austin today and back to look at the 35. Nice boat size wise, no cabin (think my 29 has more) but as my wife said "classy looking boat". Nice lines etc. Freeboard in the cockpit wasn't too bad, not as deep as my 29 but she felt good so that's all that mattered. Had a friend tell me the 35 is a little tricky at times as far as "spin out" but great boats. Boat fell off the hydra-hoist when the lake went down (down 50') and owner lives out of town so a couple good dock rashes on it and rub rail is popped out on the transom. Dealer said they'd fix every chip and paint work too. 67 hrs on an 08...HO's. was surprised to see only 28 Bravos on it spinning in....(is that the std prop?) was expecting 30's or so for some reason as I'm running lab 28's on my 29. Asking 110k fixed.... Is this good or where should that boat sell at?

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Boat shopping-image.jpg  

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-12-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful Boat!!!! I love the lines and the color scheme! A friend of ours has the same on their 38ZR. I may be off, but where do you find a 5 year old boat with only 67 hours. You'd like to have it for 100, but 110, if she's clean, is pretty good. Spinning in gets ya the most speed, compared to spinnin out. Docking isnt as good. If you don't like it (handling), switch the props and do the opposite with your sticks. Good Luck,

tom
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

28 Bravos are the stock prop for the 496's.

Boat seems nice. As for the price... On one hand a new one has a base retail of over 300k.

However I think if I was in your shoes I'd be comparing to other boats. Specifically there are two 38 ZR's in the classifieds for 150 asking price... both have 525's and A/C heat. one also has a generator.

There is a 35 for sale in St. Pete asking 90k. more hours for sure. is it as nice? hard to tell from pics.

At the end of the day I think 110k is priced right it's just a matter of if it is the boat for you vs what else is out there.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies...

As for spinning in to win I have done that several times, what I meant about "spinning out" was the boat itself spinning (hooking)... Regarding the props I just wasn't sure what was stock set up on the 35's (in or out and 28's). The boat has such low hours because the owner lives out of town (outside Austin) and they have gone (along with most of us here in the South TX area) through a severe drought and the lake is over 50' down so he didn't get to use it but a couple of times. He is the origional owner. The base "retail" is pie in the sky as when I was a dealer/sold Baja and all the brands would post that but part of my question was answered....$150K for 38' and 525's or $40K less for 35 and HO's...I'm sure the retail on the 38 with 525's is more then $350K? But ins. costs here on the gulf coast are crazy with blue 90+ mph power...if you can find someone to carry you (ugh...sucks).

Again I really appreciate everyones feedback. I have someone interested in my 29 right now....hopefully they will make an offer. The dealer in Austin who I am good friends with told me flat out he didn't want my trade b/c of the drought and market there right now...but that also makes me think I can do better then the 110K. But he did say they would fix everything on it (pix below and pix of drought), there are other pix of some rash and lots of little chips of gelcoat along the strakes chipped that need to be fixed as well. There is usually no islands...and we are on a cliff about 4-500' up at "The Oasis"...check it out on Lake Travis
Attached Thumbnails Boat shopping-donzi-side-1.jpg   Boat shopping-donzi-side-2.jpg   Boat shopping-donzi-side-rash.jpg  

Boat shopping-donzi-side-scratch.jpg   Boat shopping-lake-travis-january-2013.jpg  

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what I don't understand is a boat like that being treated like a 1985 bayliner. don't they have bumpers
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

I know right! I am so OCD that stuff bothers the heck out of me....but they (dealer) said they'd repair everything if I decided to move fwd. only thing that makes it more acceptable for me is 80% of the damage was from the hoist breaking when the lake went down and him not finding it for a few weeks till he came back to town im being told and some of it was of course from "too much $ and not enough sense". Dealer also told me they'd go through everything mechanical as well, compression etc for me. Rumor was he has "lots of toys"....had fun one weekend in Devils Cove (where everyone party's) and decided he wanted a boat too.... Two wrongs don't make a right!

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 01-14-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Gorgeous boat, hope everything goes well for you! I've always wondered, looking at pictures of the V berth, looks awfully tight, does anyone actually sleep in those?

I love the lines of this boat and the color scheme. If you do a test run on Travis would love to meet up!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Thanks for the replies...

As for spinning in to win I have done that several times, what I meant about "spinning out" was the boat itself spinning (hooking)...
Oooops, I took the wrong bait and ran away there (bait...I don't even like to fish).....i get ya. I have not heard of any spinning out issues with the 35ZR and that power.

tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.