Boat shopping

Notices

Boat shopping

Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Thanks for the replies...

As for spinning in to win I have done that several times, what I meant about "spinning out" was the boat itself spinning (hooking)...
Sounds like you have some straight bottom friends giving you some scary advise?

There are some changes you need to make trimming and turning a step bottom boat aggressively. You can search some guides online on driving step bottom boats.

Chances are, (unless you are really aggressive) you didn't even turn your 29 OL that hard, most don't.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

First off the ZR line was built for handling first and top speed second. I haven't heard of any ZR's spinning.

I think every manufacturer of a step bottom boat has had a hull or two with some spin issues but the ZR line came later after some learning. The only Donzi hulls I have heard of issues on are the 22ZX and the 45 ZX.

I can tell you my 28ZX is rock solid in turns. It does turn different than a straight bottom hull, the rear end moves side to side and you are pointing in a new direction Vs. digging in / rolling like a straight bottom does.

Regarding that boat's damage... The paint damage couldn't be in worse spots. It's all in fade / blend areas. Metallic paint through multiple colors. I'm not a paint expert but from my view... Good freaking luck getting that repaired and looking like new. I could see a good airbrush guy changing it up and coming up with a new pattern, etc. or a good logo to go over it or something else but I personally don't see a true repair coming out well.

If there plan is to fix it like new I'd ask for that to be done before I saw any money OR I'd get my own estimate for repair / repaint and negotiate the boat as is. If you sign a contract with them 'fixing' it it's going to be an opinion on what makes it 'fixed' and they could hold your deposit if they say it is fixed per the contract. It all seems like a nightmare waiting to happen.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good paint guy can fix that just fine.
Mine was a dealer repo when I bought it and had some damage. I have Vincent custom paints at LOTO fix it and I challange anyone to tell me where the damage was.
Also got a nice scratch at a poker run in a blend area , he had to paint about six ft of boat to repair a eight inch scratch but you would never know.
Making the repairs on the boat you are looking at will not be cheep to do properly.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

U can get 38 for 100k

Got mine for 110 in 2010
Sold for 100 20 months later

U guys r outta touch of what boats r selling for
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

On key west thurs run vid 8 min in I believe 2010
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where????

Originally Posted by dreamer
U can get 38 for 100k

Got mine for 110 in 2010
Sold for 100 20 months later

U guys r outta touch of what boats r selling for
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Said it once and I'll say it again, thanks a bunch for the replies...help out a bunch.

Dealer owner is a friend of mine from when i was in the biz so if I even did a deal on it I would trust him but I also wouldn't buy it without seeing it "fixed" and of course running it a little. You are right....all the fade and colors will be tricky even he said so when we looked at it and he was estimating 3-5k in paint work/repair. There are some great paint guys out there but there are some that would also prob make it look worse which of course is scary.....Dave Morgan with Custom Touch Graphics out of Austin does great work and painted several big name boats out there and boats for us for boat show as well...maybe he'd look at it, dunno....we'll find out in time. Steps are always a little more tricky then the V's guess its all in the driver like you said.

38 for 100k?!?!?! Ummmm.... I am a professional boat shopper From A to Z and that's one I haven't come across.... anyplace we/I am not looking besides the repo lot?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Registered

Any of them asking 150k or less!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

red donzi zrc w 700 is for sale now 249k

it sold NEW for 150k with 30 demo hrs
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

2010 was 2010. It's 2013 now. The smokin' deals that were had from 2009-2010 are gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.