Looking @ 38ZX Daytona w/575sci >

Looking @ 38ZX Daytona w/575sci

Notices

Looking @ 38ZX Daytona w/575sci

Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate all of the insight from y'all !!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious where you will be boating with it? I ask this because a lot of times I hear people saying they want a perfect fresh water boat and pay the premium and then take it to saltwater and instantly lose the premium they paid. I will warn you now, if you get your wife hooked on the ZX be careful because going to smaller cabin go-fasts later is really a challenge or you'll own 2 boats, a cruiser for a "mother ship", and the go-fast. Trust me, a lot of us did it!! Lol. Good luck in search. Again, pm me for a few others that I know are avail.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by hammer01
Curious where you will be boating with it? I ask this because a lot of times I hear people saying they want a perfect fresh water boat and pay the premium and then take it to saltwater and instantly lose the premium they paid. I will warn you now, if you get your wife hooked on the ZX be careful because going to smaller cabin go-fasts later is really a challenge or you'll own 2 boats, a cruiser for a "mother ship", and the go-fast. Trust me, a lot of us did it!! Lol. Good luck in search. Again, pm me for a few others that I know are avail.
All fresh water, mostly Texoma or Az.. We have Been in the go fast to us game, now looking for a happy medium... The zx will have enough power for me, and the space for the wife, she tried talking me into a cruiser, so I believe this could satisfy both are needs!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Glass dave has one with merc 525 sc's,i think he said his runs 82 mph ,,i would guess 85 is max for this one,,its a wave crusher..if you but it just make sure you get use to it first b4 going wot...a salesman and a buyer were test driving one on my locak lake and the guy made a wrong move and did not follow the salesmans orders and they spun out and flipped the boat at near 100 mph..he went into the turn at this speed killing both of them..ask glass dave he can fill you in on the boat..
yep, the 38ZX is a bit of a love/hate relationship though lol. It is a fantastic boat and is extremely well built and in my opinion is the drop dead sexiest boat ever (If your single chicks literally throw panties from the dock). I do hafta wonder though if anyone in the design department ever took one out for the weekend lol. The cleats on the back of the boat could not be in a worse place. Either you chafe off the corners of the sun pad, chafe the gel on the top edges of the swim step or snap off the corners of the rear tips at the end of the scoops, take your pic (thank god I'm a glass guy lol). Marina docking you have some options but rafting off theres a lot a risk of either damage at the rear cleats or damage to the sides because you tower over everyone else . Sleeping on the boat blows as well, hardest suckiest V bed EVER, truth be told i rarely sleep on it, i do . . . however . . . pass out on it often. I stacked a couple memory foam mattress toppers on it and it seemed to help. My ScarabIII can sleep six or eight people easy. The Donzi? me and my girl and thats it, any of my friends that have attempted to sleep on the horseshoe seating have since switched to sleeping on the dock or maybe a park bench,. anything is better lol. I have the bolstered rear bench and i am sure its better to help people stay in the boat. The rear of the seats seem low and give an insecure feeling while running hard. I dont actually run the boat in "race mode" with passengers anymore after looking back one time and seeing several faces in mortal fear. The sunpad looks awesome but is steep and gives anyone in the back a feeling similar to standing with your back a ledge lol. Not a thing to hold on to back there either, the grab rails are to far away. While I'm on the subject of the sun pad dont ever get stuck stern to stern with another performance boat. I was transom to transom with a guy in a 36 Midnight Express on a poker run and he had to fire up/warm up before me and the exhaust/water rolled right up that steep sunpad and into the boat. All i could do was put the hatch up and divert as much as i could, had some clean up to do but hosed right off. Mid ship cleat kind sucks as well. Find a boat without the bolstered rear seat if ya can but that may be a matter of personal preferance.

Now . . . . for the good. Performance makes it all worth while (all of it lol). Whoever designed the running surface hit the nail on the head. The boat i have ran 82 when new with 525SC's on the set of labbed 28 B1's that came with it but those were stolen and the replacement labbed set could only pull 79 or 80. They spin in so backing into a dock or splitting shifts can be challenging. She runs strong though, not sure i would call it a wave crusher, at least not in the sense of a 38 Gun or the like but its heavy and can take most snotty water. The boat is wide and has a variable deadrise as well a big pad keel, both translate to a good top speed but ride quality suffers when compared to true straight V bottoms. I have never experienced any ill handling characteristics or anything i would raise caution to, its a tank and handles like it. Never flighty or loose, also something i chalk up to spinning props in but i have been told they dont run as well spinning them out. Its a fantastic boat and i feel there are far more pros to any of my (what i would call) nit-picky cons . You should be able to find what your looking for for under a hundred K easy. You will never be sorry with the boat thats for sure.

Nice run on a cool fall day couple years ago. Went to get a two hundred dollar pizza lol

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEZ8z1wmlw[/YOUTUBE]
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
yep, the 38ZX is a bit of a love/hate relationship though lol. It is a fantastic boat and is extremely well built and in my opinion is the drop dead sexiest boat ever (If your single chicks literally throw panties from the dock). I do hafta wonder though if anyone in the design department ever took one out for the weekend lol. The cleats on the back of the boat could not be in a worse place. Either you chafe off the corners of the sun pad, chafe the gel on the top edges of the swim step or snap off the corners of the rear tips at the end of the scoops, take your pic (thank god I'm a glass guy lol). Marina docking you have some options but rafting off theres a lot a risk of either damage at the rear cleats or damage to the sides because you tower over everyone else . Sleeping on the boat blows as well, hardest suckiest V bed EVER, truth be told i rarely sleep on it, i do . . . however . . . pass out on it often. I stacked a couple memory foam mattress toppers on it and it seemed to help. My ScarabIII can sleep six or eight people easy. The Donzi? me and my girl and thats it, any of my friends that have attempted to sleep on the horseshoe seating have since switched to sleeping on the dock or maybe a park bench,. anything is better lol. I have the bolstered rear bench and i am sure its better to help people stay in the boat. The rear of the seats seem low and give an insecure feeling while running hard. I dont actually run the boat in "race mode" with passengers anymore after looking back one time and seeing several faces in mortal fear. The sunpad looks awesome but is steep and gives anyone in the back a feeling similar to standing with your back a ledge lol. Not a thing to hold on to back there either, the grab rails are to far away. While I'm on the subject of the sun pad dont ever get stuck stern to stern with another performance boat. I was transom to transom with a guy in a 36 Midnight Express on a poker run and he had to fire up/warm up before me and the exhaust/water rolled right up that steep sunpad and into the boat. All i could do was put the hatch up and divert as much as i could, had some clean up to do but hosed right off. Mid ship cleat kind sucks as well. Find a boat without the bolstered rear seat if ya can but that may be a matter of personal preferance.

Now . . . . for the good. Performance makes it all worth while (all of it lol). Whoever designed the running surface hit the nail on the head. The boat i have ran 82 when new with 525SC's on the set of labbed 28 B1's that came with it but those were stolen and the replacement labbed set could only pull 79 or 80. They spin in so backing into a dock or splitting shifts can be challenging. She runs strong though, not sure i would call it a wave crusher, at least not in the sense of a 38 Gun or the like but its heavy and can take most snotty water. The boat is wide and has a variable deadrise as well a big pad keel, both translate to a good top speed but ride quality suffers when compared to true straight V bottoms. I have never experienced any ill handling characteristics or anything i would raise caution to, its a tank and handles like it. Never flighty or loose, also something i chalk up to spinning props in but i have been told they dont run as well spinning them out. Its a fantastic boat and i feel there are far more pros to any of my (what i would call) nit-picky cons . You should be able to find what your looking for for under a hundred K easy. You will never be sorry with the boat thats for sure.

Nice run on a cool fall day couple years ago. Went to get a two hundred dollar pizza lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEZ8z1wmlw
That's a heck of a break down!! appreciate you taking the time... now looking at a 38TG... And A 38 slingshot hustler.. Just want room and decent speed and handling, I don't do poker runs, never tie off to people...mainly beach then RV...
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
That's a heck of a break down!! appreciate you taking the time... now looking at a 38TG... And A 38 slingshot hustler.. Just want room and decent speed and handling, I don't do poker runs, never tie off to people...mainly beach then RV...
Cant go wrong with the ZX for room, speed and handeling. It probably wont run with either of those in really rought water but wont be to far behind. The ZX will be faster with same power though, its remarkbly fast for its size and weight. Love being able to stand up in the cabin.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

I used to run with a non step top gun with my ZX and we ran side by side with same power. The hustler is very comparable ride and set up IMO to a Fountain. My friends 388 was really rough ride in 3+ footers. I stayed on my ZX all the time and loved it. I did the egg crate and a down comforter in the vberth and it was very comfortable. You can get the filler cushion for the salon mid cabin and it is huge. By the way, if you are Texoma and AZ you will need the AC too!!! Lol. Good luck shopping, lots of great buys.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by hammer01
I used to run with a non step top gun with my ZX and we ran side by side with same power. The hustler is very comparable ride and set up IMO to a Fountain. My friends 388 was really rough ride in 3+ footers. I stayed on my ZX all the time and loved it. I did the egg crate and a down comforter in the vberth and it was very comfortable. You can get the filler cushion for the salon mid cabin and it is huge. By the way, if you are Texoma and AZ you will need the AC too!!! Lol. Good luck shopping, lots of great buys.
Thank you sir! Yes AC is a must.... I'm pretty much old on the ZX !
Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Thank you sir! Yes AC is a must.... I'm pretty much old on the ZX !
If you find something with AC and no gen then this can do the trick.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...models/eu2000i

I know people that plug this into the shorepower. Very quiet and light.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wilks
If you find something with AC and no gen then this can do the trick.
http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...models/eu2000i

I know people that plug this into the shorepower. Very quiet and light.

Good thinking!! I have one for the rv I could use ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.