32 dough wright

Notices

32 dough wright

Old 03-01-2015, 05:56 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 32 dough wright

Does anybody know where this boat ended up or the other one that has been build whit bravo drives or who s the owner and is he on the board here ?

Thx

Bor

Old 03-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

That boat is here in Fla on the west coast, owned by a member here on OSO.

The silver bravo boat w 600s got rerigged with NXT1 drives and is also here in Miami. He uses it a LOT.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:41 PM
bor
Registered

thx cash bar , I m looking for info how/where are the its drives are mounted on the boat (propshaft highed and how many tip is turning in the tunnel ) as I m building a similar project soon here in europe .

And that boat was fast !
Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

The owner of the wht/blue boat is here on OSO as member fountain333. Message him. I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Don't know if this is an accurate ad:

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/34033

John Tomlinson and the boys over at TNT rigged the 32 with #6's Y/N??? Either way it is GORGEOUS with the red interior...

It runs in the 130+ range but was there not a handling issue in turns?? felt top heavy vs running on rails - only questioning hearsay on that because if I as trying to get drive dimensions I would appreciate a heads up on ill handling results to consider before applying - not trying to start any feuds here...

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-02-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
thx cash bar , I m looking for info how/where are the its drives are mounted on the boat (propshaft highed and how many tip is turning in the tunnel ) as I m building a similar project soon here in europe .

And that boat was fast !
Bor,

Cash has you pointed in the right direction regrading getting in contact with the owner(s). I do know the owner's son recently opened up a marine engine shop (IIRC), again based out of the west coast. The name is pretty generic(Johnsons, Richards, etc, but I dont remember the exact name).

I dont have the measurements you're looking for, but I did talk with the owners about the drives a while ago. That boat (the white and blue one) was a bravo boat. After popping some of those POS bravos they converted over to SCX drives. I seem to recall they went to the SCX-4, but I don't know if they used any spacer(s). The son did mention that it was harder to get on plane, but it ran great once up.

Anyway, good luck and post up details on your build!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Don't know if this is an accurate ad:

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/34033

John Tomlinson and the boys over at TNT rigged the 32 with #6's Y/N??? Either way it is GORGEOUS with the red interior...

It runs in the 130+ range but was there not a handling issue in turns?? felt top heavy vs running on rails - only questioning hearsay on that because if I as trying to get drive dimensions I would appreciate a heads up on ill handling results to consider before applying - not trying to start any feuds here...
You are correct, TNT rigged that boat.

I have heard the same from several (outboard) people about the handling of this boat, but I would take all of that with a grain of salt and want to run it for myself. With that said, having those 6's hanging way off the back of a 32 cat like that has to significanty alter the CoG. If I were doing an I/O 32 DW (with big blocks), I would be looking at lighter drive options that could handle the abuse. That or moving the engines pretty far forward, but I think space becomes pretty limited with that hull.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
You are correct, TNT rigged that boat.

I have heard the same from several (outboard) people about the handling of this boat, but I would take all of that with a grain of salt and want to run it for myself. With that said, having those 6's hanging way off the back of a 32 cat like that has to significanty alter the CoG. If I were doing an I/O 32 DW (with big blocks), I would be looking at lighter drive options that could handle the abuse. That or moving the engines pretty far forward, but I think space becomes pretty limited with that hull.
so for drives....what would you think the lighter options that could handle the abuse would be?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 AM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Bor,

Cash has you pointed in the right direction regrading getting in contact with the owner(s). I do know the owner's son recently opened up a marine engine shop (IIRC), again based out of the west coast. The name is pretty generic(Johnsons, Richards, etc, but I dont remember the exact name).

I dont have the measurements you're looking for, but I did talk with the owners about the drives a while ago. That boat (the white and blue one) was a bravo boat. After popping some of those POS bravos they converted over to SCX drives. I seem to recall they went to the SCX-4, but I don't know if they used any spacer(s). The son did mention that it was harder to get on plane, but it ran great once up.

Anyway, good luck and post up details on your build!
Thx Guys gonna text him as his pm box is full here !

I will open a thread on the build soon as the hull is ready and at my shop I will power it whit a pair Ls small blocks so the weight in the back will be limited .
The hp will be not be very big ,arround 500-550 a side but think it will move pretty good and hope the bravo s will last behind them otherwise I probaly gonna end up whit scx I would love to have a pair of -4 scx on the boat but don t have the budget for it now and selling my brand new xr s is not very easy at the moment .
so will just see how long they last .
Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tommy1005
so for drives....what would you think the lighter options that could handle the abuse would be?
SCX-4, Arneson, X power, etc.

Originally Posted by bor
Thx Guys gonna text him as his pm box is full here !

I will open a thread on the build soon as the hull is ready and at my shop I will power it whit a pair Ls small blocks so the weight in the back will be limited .
The hp will be not be very big ,arround 500-550 a side but think it will move pretty good and hope the bravo s will last behind them otherwise I probaly gonna end up whit scx I would love to have a pair of -4 scx on the boat but don t have the budget for it now and selling my brand new xr s is not very easy at the moment .
so will just see how long they last .
Sounds like a great project, I've been thinking of doing the same for some time. So are you having a new I/O hull being built or are you converting an OB boat?

BTW, as I stated the owner of the white and blue boat was having issues with the XR's behind his 525's. If your LS engines are making similar hp/torque numbers to the factory 525's, it would stand to reason the XR's would likely be problematic behind this package as well.

Please keep us posted on your project!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.