Seperating Bravo upper and lower >

Seperating Bravo upper and lower

Notices

Seperating Bravo upper and lower

Old 05-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seperating Bravo upper and lower

Is this as easy as just pulling the drive? The reason I'm wondering is I might have to pull drives myself, and it might be easier with two seperate pieces. What's involved in reassembly?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

If you are simply pulling the drives off with no intentions of tearing them down, then just pull the drives in 1 piece. Its easy enough by yourself. Taking the 2 halves apart is also easy. Just pull all the nuts off but dont forget the bolt under the rear zinc ( the one above the prop), then just slide the lower down.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

If the upper and lower go back together as easy as the upper seperates from the bell housing, that's easiest even if it takes more work. I won't know until I try, but I'm not convinced I can get the engine hoist under the swim platform. Of course I'll go that route if I can get it under there.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

2 people can pull and remove the drive without a hoist......the second person is really needed to make sure the shift linkage separates properly.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can't use the hoist, stack up some wood blocks under the drive for support while undoing the linkage, and when you put them back on, make sure the linkage hooks up properly before you thighten down the bolts.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
If the upper and lower go back together as easy as the upper seperates from the bell housing, that's easiest even if it takes more work. I won't know until I try, but I'm not convinced I can get the engine hoist under the swim platform. Of course I'll go that route if I can get it under there.

Thanks guys!
It weight pretty much exactly 110lbs so there's no biggie getting it off by yourself!

Loosen the nuts - pull ut out halv an inch or so - loosen the shift cable from the shift linkage - pull the drive.

When getting it back on you might need one more person to steer the shaft into the gimbal bearing.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are ya doing it Mike,

I can stop by and give ya a hand if ya want, I will be in Naples 'til Sunday, but available Sunday afternoon.

Rick
Old 05-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
When are ya doing it Mike,

I can stop by and give ya a hand if ya want, I will be in Naples 'til Sunday, but available Sunday afternoon.

Rick
I don't know yet. Every time I start thinking about a weekend I'm going to start, I come up with a reason to use the boat and not want it torn apart. Since there's a possibility the drive(s) will be off for more than a day, I need to fab up a block or stand to bring them home.

As great as the Formula Silent Thunder platform is, I don't want to be under there trying to muscle 110lbs in an awkward position.
Attached Thumbnails Seperating Bravo upper and lower-formula-006.jpg  
Old 05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

if you split the drive you need to drain the oil first, then refill when back together. at $10.00 per quart for merc lube @ 2.5 quarts you just wasted $25.

Pull the drive complete. just stack some wood on the ground so it doesn't have that far to drop.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
if you split the drive you need to drain the oil first, then refill when back together.
Remote resevoirs...I figure those will have to be drained at least anyways right?

Quick Reply: Seperating Bravo upper and lower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.