are older imco drives any good? >

are older imco drives any good?

Notices

are older imco drives any good?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are older imco drives any good?

i have a velocity 260 with a 500 efi, i scatered my bravo zx and i found a older imco extreme for sale. My question is are the older imcos as goos as the newer ones? It was on a 2001 boat that cought fire and the owner does not seam to know very much about it at all. The real problem is that i would have to buy sight unseen and have shipped to me.
thanks for any help
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

I had a 2002 Imco upper on my 28 Pantera. I had a hopped up 525SC/550+hp and the boat weighed 5300# dry. It had over 300hrs on it and was still going strong when the new owner had it gone through because he was putting in bigger power. I was very happy with it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres one on ebay that I think is the one your talking about. At that price for everything that comes with it, it's a steal. Unless it's blown apart inside, which I doubt, I would snap it up. Imco's right now for a complete drive, just upper and lower are around $12K toss in the transom assy which is an HP Merc for around $2K used plus the steering stuff I see, you cant go wrong. I'd say if you can get it for under $5K your getting a deal.