Notices

big block 454

Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big block 454

Any ideas on how to gain some horsepower? Currently i have a spark arrestor on carb its seems to small maybe 1.5" by 5-6"
Im thinking of getting a 3" x as wide as possible get some more air flowing...
Any ideas let me know.. Thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pantera232
Any ideas on how to gain some horsepower? Currently i have a spark arrestor on carb its seems to small maybe 1.5" by 5-6"
Im thinking of getting a 3" x as wide as possible get some more air flowing...
Any ideas let me know.. Thanks
If you have space for a larger flame arrestor it sure wont hurt you, but it wont give you any speed difference & probably not more than 2-3 hp..

If you want to have a better gain than that for power & speed the usual beneficial upgrades are: Exhaust, carb, intake & prop. Some combinations & brands work better than others & that stuff alone wont get you big gains, but will get you more than just a flame arrestor alone.

Now that said, if you are looking for big gains a complete reworking of the engine you have and drive may be in order or a repower. After a certain point certain enhancements are better left undone an a complete reworking or repower potentially considered instead..

If you are seriously thinking of some upgrades for your boat feel free to give me a call. We sell & install all of these upgrades & I could put a package together for you if you would like.

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldnt hurt to get a bigger flame arrestor, other than that, exhaust is probably the next easiest upgrade. Didnt realize there was another 24 in the Deerfield area, got any pics, don't think I have ever seen your boat, let me know if ya wanna run, we go north to peanut quite a bit, or just hang in lake Boca.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

nice its a sliver boat with red lines lines i will try to post some pics.. how bout you any pics? what kind of motor you have..?
Adam
Old 08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

I do have a Edlebroc intake manifold.. My exhaust is a aluminum canister i forgot the make, does every one agree the header exhaust with seperate tubes for each cylinder is better. What are some good brands for price.?