Notices

gear lube

Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 825 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Thats not a 50wt motor oil in the trans'. Its a 50wt transmission fluid.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ctl.aspx
I have a friend with a freightliner and a expediting box truck and he sells Amsoil and he told me he has heard of guys running there motor oil in semi tractor transmissions and I think he was saying he ran it also. I know of the 50 wt transmission gear oil you talk of though, a buddy called me up a few years ago and was at a auction, he said they had a 55 gallon drum of synthetic trans fluid (pennsoil) and a couple of them smaller keg drums, I had him bid on it for me (I own a transmission shop). Boy was I surprised ( and NOT happy) when he showed up with 50 wt gl rated gear oil meant for semi trucks! I use it in Snowmobile chaincases and a few other things just to get rid of it, I sold some of it too but it was pretty much useless for anything I need. Too thin to put in a rear end or a outdrive, no good to run in a motor, I was a Dumbazz on that one!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm going to buy me some of this NEO and see what it does for my drive life, I just finished putting my own drive back together yesterday with some new lower gears, I am ALWAYS willing to try something new. I will report any observations, Smitty
Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curiosity is killing me... Out of the few guys that are claiming this crazy expensive Neo oil is the second coming, how many of you are selling it or have some form of vested interest in it?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Curiosity is killing me... Out of the few guys that are claiming this crazy expensive Neo oil is the second coming, how many of you are selling it or have some form of vested interest in it?
John from the Bravo shop is the only guy with a vested interest. He put up the $$ to solve a problem.
I have helped him get some of it out there, but am in no way earning a living by talking about it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
John from the Bravo shop is the only guy with a vested interest. He put up the $$ to solve a problem.
I have helped him get some of it out there, but am in no way earning a living by talking about it.
Jason, do I buy it from you or the Bravo shop? I also have read that All American drive service is selling it, are they just selling the run of the mill "neo" or are they getting the specially blended stuff from Bravo shop or directly from Neo? I plan on finishing getting boat back together for this season this weekend or in near future, Smitty
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Smitty,
I would like to know what lube temps you see with the cooling system..

Thanks
Dick
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Smitty,
I would like to know what lube temps you see with the cooling system..

Thanks
Dick
Dick, I still don't have a temp gauge, I can tell you though the lower gear set I finished off last fall was completely destroyed but most of the bearings in my drive looked almost re-useable, I really think the external oil cooler and filter kept the oil pretty clean. There were no upper bearings that needed to be replaced. I am going to try this oil everyone is talking about this time around. I also am trying a set of 1.36 lower gears for the first time, they are a new set I had around from my previous testing, they were cryoed, isoe'd and DLC coated and I never ran them .I'm hoping boat doesn't tourque roll so bad at high speeds, Smitty
Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

http://www.bravoshop.net/Drive_Temp_Sensors.html
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Jason, do I buy it from you or the Bravo shop? I also have read that All American drive service is selling it, are they just selling the run of the mill "neo" or are they getting the specially blended stuff from Bravo shop or directly from Neo? I plan on finishing getting boat back together for this season this weekend or in near future, Smitty
I can tell you that The Bravo Shop oil is made just for us with the additives we spec-ed out for each of the 3 lubes we make. And the only way to buy it is though The Bravo Shop Or if you are in the south Jason is selling it for me. I hope to have someone at LOTO selling it in about a month. As far as info on the oil goes it all takes time, if you have ever went out and done anything even close to this you would know what I'm talking about. Flier's, labels, testing is all very expense and time consuming. This is not the only thing I have to do so bear with me and I will get it all out to who ever would like to see it.
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you but with 3 drives and a terd of a boat, I also needed a fix for gear problems.

Last edited by waconda; 05-23-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
So you are selling it and/or have a vested interest in it. Same can ovbiously be said for John/waconda... Who's the third person that will be selling it? I dont doubt it's a decent product, but it's nice to know who might have a biased opinion when reading reviews.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.