new drive from IMCO >

new drive from IMCO

Notices

new drive from IMCO

Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Yes, it's going to be killer. Higher X dimensions, larger dia. #6 props. Less drive in the water, more prop in. Faster boats, less broken props. I want two. Just gotta cough up 30k +.
which boat you gunna set these up on?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I am hopping the same my boat is dieing to run a higher x and a #6!!!! Fastttttt
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am actually considering trying one on a single vee. With my current prop shaft height, going to a -4 would put me maybe .25" under the pad, if not dead even when at neutral trim. The boat runs very flat and doesnt need trim to get up the pad as it is. It would be nice to pick up a few mph, even 2 would be nice, as it would mean having a drive that I couldnt break and it would put me over that certain century milestone again...

If i dont get the house with a dock that I am looking at, I may have to order one of these bad boys.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Phlim,
Did you see the article some years ago in one of the magazines(powereboat or Hot Boat) about the rerig of a lavey with an NXT? I am not sure, but I think they ended up with a best prop dimension near the level bottom. I think the IMCO and NXT drag etc.. will be somewhat similar.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

I did not see that article, but the level would be whatever it ends up being. I currently run a -1 Imco SC with the SC lower, and at neutral trim it is right around 3" below the pad, so reason would have it that going to the -4 SCX would put it even. Of course the much larger props thta I could run would help to keep the prop in the water some. I can not take it up any higher on the transom, I have an ITS box, and it sits about as high as it can go before it encounters the rounded corner of the molded in swim platform.

I would be something to try, just worry about spending $16k plus props and having a boat that doesnt run as well as it does now.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered

The article was about the lavey race boat and their desire to have a bravo alternative that would not lose speed. They tried lots of different set ups and ended up near level with the bottom. I can't remember what prop worked. They ended up just better than their original set up. Think this was the initial work Merc. used to change the skegs of the NSX to allow them to handle well as a single.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered

An NXT would be cool, but super expensive and requiring a total rerig of the boat.

I would not be happy to end up with the exact same performance, even if it did give me a near bulletproof drive. With somewhere in the $20k range spent on drive and props, it better pick up some speed.

I am looking into it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered

I was not recommending the NXt, I think the shape and size of the bullet is similar to the SCX. Not exactly the same, but I believe that a set up that would work for the NXT would be close to what would work for the SCX. Or at least a good starting point.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has there bean any testing on the 26 redline with the SCX-4 yet ?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Does the SCX use lower gears from the NXT or is it their own gear set design?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.