Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Konrad Drives questions. >

Konrad Drives questions.

Notices

Konrad Drives questions.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the xfactor= ace konrad.I hope to test it next weekend. since I am over powered I plan to run it easy getting on plane and my cruising rpm should be 3500 to 4000. with a 32p prop.it looks hugh compared to my B1 drive I have on my baja, which I have run with 585hp to 650hp for years. Kurts the man if you have any Q.I will post my speeds when we are testing over the next few weeks. Art
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I have the xfactor= ace konrad.I hope to test it next weekend. since I am over powered I plan to run it easy getting on plane and my cruising rpm should be 3500 to 4000. with a 32p prop.it looks hugh compared to my B1 drive I have on my baja, which I have run with 585hp to 650hp for years. Kurts the man if you have any Q.I will post my speeds when we are testing over the next few weeks. Art
Artie, I have lost track of what your building, is it a gellner blower motor with 1000+ hp going into your 24 or something else, I have seen you post several things not sure what direction you ended up going, Smitty
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had an ACE since 2005. It's in a 26 cat with 1000hp blower motor. I can only say "wow", I used to break every bravo style drive I tried, merc, imco, max machine and I broke at least twice a summer for the first 4 years with my boat. The Konrad went on in 2005 and while I did have one issue in the first summer, Konrad took care of it at no charge. Since then i've just run the heck out of it. It it the reason I have not gotten a new boat, I don't want to give up the reliability of the Ace. I did try the x-factor lower, but it did not help my boat so it is in my garage at the lake. The Ace will be slower than the bravo as it takes more power to run the transmission than it does to run a clutch cone style drive but OMG is it wormy it! Having a slightly faster boat that is always broke is not near as good as losing a few MPH's and always running.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

What's a Konrad cost roughly? pm me if you don't want to post prices. I'm gonna need an upgrade
Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

BadReputation, if you are out at LOTO look for Kurt aka Biggus out there. They should have a booth. He will be able to show you what they have and give you prices. They have a number of different packages to choose from.

Jon
Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BadReputation
What's a Konrad cost roughly? pm me if you don't want to post prices. I'm gonna need an upgrade
Feel free to give me a call or shoot an email and I'll be happy to get you a quote. We've got several great dealers at LOTO to work with.

Kurt from Konrad
715-410-0735
[email protected]
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

kurt, email sent.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Six years and going strong. Nothing but oil changes.

Last edited by Lofty; 08-29-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Default dealer at lake ozarks for konrads

wes here from proboat marine,just installed my 540 konrads on my 42 fountain 6 weeks ago with MERCURY 500hp with old b&m 250 blowers with superchillers appx 625hp. after breaking the right hand lower last season twice and twice in 2 months this spring it was time to do something different.i met kurt from konrad a few years back at the shooters shootout and have talked with him thru the years and have always thought the konrads are the way i should go but just did not want to spend the money.but after having to bring the boat back on one engine and dealing with the wife who said I THOUGHT YOU SAID THE TRS DRIVES WOULD HOLD UP THIS TIME,i knew it was time for an upgrade.ordered the drives they shipped to me on a pallet and in ONE day they were on and running with a 2 inch shorter x-deminsion. sure beats converting to an upgraded bravo.on the way to the shooters race this past saturday the water was HUGE at the 22 plus mile mark and i spent most of the time at 60MPH plus just enjoying the wave jumping and not worring about blowing the drives as i Would have already blown the trs units.if you have any questions or want to look at them call me at PROBOAT MARINE 573-374-4641.THANKS WES
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you know what speed gains you picked up with the Konrads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.