Notices

IMCO SCX Problem

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had drive for 15 hrs, no problems, sent back for hard shifting and delayed engagement sometimes, Dave at Imco was a pleasure to deal with and is even painting drives again. I guess mine where few serial #'s of the new cam change. So far very happy with drive.
I am running a sc lower, have some metal on magnet, may upgrade to imco lowers.I don't know about porous but if it was, I am sure it was in the beginning and has been adressed
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The porous problem was in the casting on the outside by the trim pin area. Not porous to the inside causing any leaks. And Imco took care of the problem to the customer's satisfaction, I was told.
Hope that helps.
Dick
Old 12-20-2012, 07:13 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
The porous problem was in the casting on the outside by the trim pin area. Not porous to the inside causing any leaks. And Imco took care of the problem to the customer's satisfaction, I was told.
Hope that helps.
Dick
Thanks Dick, Still thrashing around between the SCX and Arneson.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by goebel1
Got my drive back today looks great. Got a new Manuel with it. The only thing different I could find is this cable warning sheet was in with the Warning... Please read carefully . Now my question is…is there a different cable for left and right hand rotation??? If not... I am taking it that the RH rotation is ok with the shoulder on the cable. I will check my cable tomorrow to see if mine has a shoulder on not on it. My drive is RH (confused agene).
I had to make the same adjustment when I installed new style cables for my BMax drives. On left hand rotation the cable pulls in to shift into forward gear and it needs a little bit more throw. If you don't cut the shoulder off you don't get enough throw.

Originally Posted by JMPH
I have had drive for 15 hrs, no problems, sent back for hard shifting and delayed engagement sometimes, Dave at Imco was a pleasure to deal with and is even painting drives again.
I wonder if IMCO ran into the same issues the BMax had in years past. The clutch pack heights for the bigger upper gears would be off slightly and it would cause hard shifting or delayed shifts. The good thing is it was an easy fix and they could send the drive back the next day.

The new owner of BMax has figured out how to make it a permanent fix.