My new X-Power drives have arrived

Notices

My new X-Power drives have arrived

Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
so what is the cost minus shipping of course?
Your right nut and two unborn children..
Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful drives ,
Great thread!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Aus,

I'm going through a similar re-rig and have been told by more than one knowledgeable person that I need to go to a 1 3/4" tie-bar at absolute minimum. There is a ton of stress on the drives with the #6 surface props and the bar will flex a LOT.....to the point it causes handling problems. Extension boxes amplify the problem. There's a guy on here that has this setup on a cat and not only went to the 1 3/4" bar, he also left his smaller bar on as well. I guess there is a reason #6 drives come with a 2 1/2" + tie-bar.

I'm far from an expert, but you might want to check into it to be safe. I'm also not that familiar with the X-Power drive, so it may not be an issue with them. Good luck with your project!
Hey, thanks for the info. I'll keep a close eye on it. My power isn't huge, a pair of 625HP Ilmors. I thought 1 1/2 was a big bar compared to what I am used to looking at on our Donzi and our old Fastlane 40.

It's a whole new world for me. All I know is I am now completely addicted to the speed and the handling of the boat and I can see how more and more is never enough.....
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
a 32 with 625s must be a pretty good running boat,what do you see for top speed?
Sorry about being slow getting back to you. With the Bravo1 drives and Hering 5 blade 34P props I was hitting 130MPH at the rev limiters. It went faster with my buddies in the back seat than me by myself. I think it likes the extra weight. Maybe too much stern lift.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
so what is the cost minus shipping of course?
How does 80K US pesos grab you. The gimbal rings were 4500 alone. It's a serious upgrade, but for a boat that weights 2000Kg total, I didn't want to go an add another few hundred Kgs to the back of it. I bought the boat from the X-Power owner last year. If the drives are as good as the rest of the work done on it, it's going to be amazing.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Australia
How does 80K US pesos grab you. The gimbal rings were 4500 alone. It's a serious upgrade, but for a boat that weights 2000Kg total, I didn't want to go an add another few hundred Kgs to the back of it. I bought the boat from the X-Power owner last year. If the drives are as good as the rest of the work done on it, it's going to be amazing.
CRIKEY!!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 261 Likes on 92 Posts

Yeah I remember around $36,000 +/- each drive but you have to remember they are rated for more power then a #6 for less money. Wish there was more proof out there that they were as good as they look on paper. For the OP it was a no brainer to go this route since they are proven to shine on this exact hull, with the owner of X-Power having the same boat, the setup and dial in will be easy, and the customer support should be top notch. Would love to see them rigged on some other boats also. Also will be easy to remove, install bravos, sell current boat, and install on a new boat. So buy a pair of drives and enjoy many of the overpowered bravo boats on the market.

Thanks for all the pics and updates Australia, looking forward to hearing great results!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Registered

Here they are on the boat now. Off to the lake tomorrow to try them out.

I got the heights a little wrong. The spacers are too big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6XhTXcNe1E
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more news on these buggers ?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

so far so good. The drives are awesome. I was starting the break-in process and had an issue with a motor. I think a coil pack has died.

The boat comes on plane super easy. No slip, just gets up and goes.

Once I've sorted this electrical issue I'll take it out and hit it hard and see what these drives are made of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.