Notices

scx 4

Old 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

42 Fountain non-step hull ,side by side SCX lower -2 with Bmax upper , would you guys suggest SCX4 or stay with SCX
Old 06-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by steven0720
42 Fountain non-step hull ,side by side SCX lower -2 with Bmax upper , would you guys suggest SCX4 or stay with SCX
If you going to keep your lower and go w new uppers then my thoughts are that its all about your prop shaft height. If you go with normal scx then youll be at the same spot. If you go with -4 your going to be higher(obviously). Where are you now in relation to the bottom of your boat? Another thought is you can always go lower w spacers. I dont know how high guys are running w similar boats but I think thats what it is all about. what kind of propos do you wnat to run? cleavers vs bravo style?

As an fyi I just did a full scx conversion on my side by side outerlimits from Bmax. I was lucky and my steering worked with only slight modifications to my tie bar and my couplers had to be milled down. I didnt do -4 tho.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
If you going to keep your lower and go w new uppers then my thoughts are that its all about your prop shaft height. If you go with normal scx then youll be at the same spot. If you go with -4 your going to be higher(obviously). Where are you now in relation to the bottom of your boat? Another thought is you can always go lower w spacers. I dont know how high guys are running w similar boats but I think thats what it is all about. what kind of propos do you wnat to run? cleavers vs bravo style?

As an fyi I just did a full scx conversion on my side by side outerlimits from Bmax. I was lucky and my steering worked with only slight modifications to my tie bar and my couplers had to be milled down. I didnt do -4 tho.
Why did you have to mill the couplers?
Old 06-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Why did you have to mill the couplers?
They were thicker on my b max than imco. Hard to describe w words. On the back cap of the imco the distance between the two ears was shorter than on my b max. I literally had less than $100 in machine work done and all bolted up wonderfully
Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
They were thicker on my b max than imco. Hard to describe w words. On the back cap of the imco the distance between the two ears was shorter than on my b max. I literally had less than $100 in machine work done and all bolted up wonderfully
Now I'm with you, the tie bar coupler.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran mine to 100mph still more to go, a little more fine tuning[ATTACH=CONFIG]524403[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails scx 4-image.jpg  
Old 10-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone have scx4's on a 38 straight bottom cig that worked well?