MSA surface Drive vs Bravo1 >

MSA surface Drive vs Bravo1

Notices

MSA surface Drive vs Bravo1

Old 06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MSA surface Drive vs Bravo1

Does anybody know anything about the MSA surface drive? I've never heard of it and am curious about it's performance compared to the Bravo 1. Here's the boat it's on.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ett-210-619484

Thanks !
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by farmo83
Does anybody know anything about the MSA surface drive? I've never heard of it and am curious about it's performance compared to the Bravo 1. Here's the boat it's on.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ett-210-619484

Thanks !
dont know but here is the link..looks wierd,,.. http://www.msa-marine-systems.com/drives_153_E_.html

Last edited by FIXX; 06-17-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another player in the mix!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:00 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

They are arround for several years here in Europe , I almost bought one for a project ,
A friend of mine have installed a set behind a pair marine diesel dura max engines , if I remember he had
Several issues whit the install and get parts they missed but don't know for sure maybe he chime in .

The cost is about the same as the arnies which I prefer as they are proven
Old 06-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

I must agree with a possible unproven drive. I don't know about this one, Surface drives tend to not "take off" like regular Mercrusiers, so I'd also say that part of the decision has to be what you want it for. If your pulling skiers, etc., surface drives are not for you. Good looking boat though, and if your ok with risk, you'll clearly have the conversation piece at about any ramp you go to!!!

I do have a friend with a single Arneson in a 21 foot boat with big motor and turbos. He swings a big blade, which may have something to do with it, but it lists to one side during hard acceleration.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
I must agree with a possible unproven drive. I don't know about this one, Surface drives tend to not "take off" like regular Mercrusiers, so I'd also say that part of the decision has to be what you want it for. If your pulling skiers, etc., surface drives are not for you. Good looking boat though, and if your ok with risk, you'll clearly have the conversation piece at about any ramp you go to!!!

I do have a friend with a single Arneson in a 21 foot boat with big motor and turbos. He swings a big blade, which may have something to do with it, but it lists to one side during hard acceleration.
One of my guys has a 23' Eliminator Cat with a stock 454 engine that tubes, water ski's etc. with it.. Nothing special, no rooster to deal with as ski'ing at 25-30 produces no spray.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524888[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails MSA surface Drive vs Bravo1-dsc_0187.jpg  
Old 06-19-2014, 02:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MSA accelerate far better than any Z drive, it is faster and more stable. No trouble with single aplication and no trouble with missed parts, they delivery all parts in German manners!
Probably it is with Arneson the same or even better.

Biggest disadvantige for MSA it is probably made in EU and strange design if you look from American eyes, America is pretty conservative and closed market on this brange.

MSA drive it is probably better than Bravo1. It have better efficiency, it is much stronger, better accelerate due to specially ventilating chanels for air, better for harbor manouvers, better for shalow water, and much better for fast ride. And rooster only if you want it.

@farmo 83;
500 hp on 21 and MSA is prehpas to much. With good prop it should go far over 80 mph, probably close to 90 mph!
In 2009 I am sit in MSA Spyder - 24 long, 4.000 pound heavy boat with merc. 8,1 HO, gear 1,56, 26" stock Maximus and 3x82 kg on board. We go 78 mph-GPS and than meet limiter. End speed with 28 maximus should be probably 80-82 mph. Day after, I buy this drive for us!

Last edited by sinus; 06-19-2014 at 09:44 AM.