Notices

Arneson

Old 08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson

Hi got a chance of getting a set of Arneson ASD8 unites ? do you think i should remove my 3SSM setup and fit this system to my cigarette 41 diesel ? i am running velvet drive73c 1.1 16 1/2 23 3 blade the boat is listed as doing 50 mph
will i have to change the transmisions or can i run with the velvet’s ? how do i sort prop sizes as this bd before by any body on hear? any help would be appreciated thanks Ricky
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ricardo mann
Hi got a chance of getting a set of Arneson ASD8 unites ? do you think i should remove my 3SSM setup and fit this system to my cigarette 41 diesel ? i am running velvet drive73c 1.1 16 1/2 23 3 blade the boat is listed as doing 50 mph
will i have to change the transmisions or can i run with the velvet’s ? how do i sort prop sizes as this bd before by any body on hear? any help would be appreciated thanks Ricky
Depends upon which model of ASD8 you can get.. In Line or drop box units? In lines will require a different transmission as you will need a reduction/rotation/drop transmission. Drop Boxes might require a counter rotating engine
Old 08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi thanks for the help ASD8 B-1-0 serial 0802bci70216 don't know the year of the drives .i am told about 15 years not much history so a bit worried about the deal can you tell from serial ? they are a lot of £ so if i require to much i will just have to keep 3 drives
Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Hi thanks for the help ASD8 B-1-0 serial 0802bci70216 don't know the year of the drives .i am told about 15 years not much history so a bit worried about the deal can you tell from serial ? they are a lot of £ so if i require to much i will just have to keep 3 drives
A B1 is an inline drive for a diesel application so there is no drop/reduction/etc.. You need a drop box for a petrol engine.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi so can i still run with my velvet 73 c 1.1 if i drop and tilt my engine? can i mount with a wedge on the transom to help achieve the right angle ? very new to this and can not fined to much info in the UK thanks Ricky
Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Hi so can i still run with my velvet 73 c 1.1 if i drop and tilt my engine? can i mount with a wedge on the transom to help achieve the right angle ? very new to this and can not fined to much info in the UK thanks Ricky
Yes and no.. Mostly NO...

While it is possible to run the Velvet Drive Transmission alone, the boat will not like it. Your going to need a reduction ratio to increase the torque. (An amount which the engine and the boat will both like) This is why the inline models are for diesel applications. The diesel marine gears come with the necessary drop, reduction and rotation change built into them so there is no need for those qualities in the out-drive and there is no sense in doubling those characteristics so we make a drive unit that compliments the natural characteristics of a diesel application.

Your Velvet Drive transmission is an inline transmission so there is no drop in it, as well as no rotation change and no reduction ratio. Currently those duties are handled in your SSM #3 drive units.

Your going to need to source a marine gear for your diesel engines that is an "A" style gear and that has the correct reduction ratio in it for your boats weight and your engines hp ratings. What is the reduction ratio in your #3's? You never stated the hp rating of your engines and rpm ratings.. ?

Wedge, certainly and very common to accommodate different transom angles. There are various forms of doing this. Glass a wedge to the transom, machine one for the interface between the drive and transom.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi the bhp is 260 2900rpm the 3ssm are 1.1 one engine one prop thanks ricky
Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Your boat is a 41' Cigarette? Kinda heavy for that small of power and reduction ratio. Would like to see around a 1.5:1
Old 08-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I don't think you can achieve a 1:1 ratio with the 3's.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi If i turn the input shaft on the drive 1 time the output shaft - prop shaft turns 1 time ? one is normal rotation the second is left hand rotation . this to me .correct me if i am wrong is 1.1 thanks Ricky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.