Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
bravo1 shift cable r&r >

bravo1 shift cable r&r

Notices

bravo1 shift cable r&r

Old 06-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Bad news is you must pull cable out as it slides on from the side of the cable that's inside boat. If you can get your hands on an old inner core of the cable you can make a tool to screw into outer core. So when you pull cable out the old inner will still be in boat and use to pull cable back in
Old 06-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its been a few months, but I'm pretty sure I installed the shift bellows after the new cable was in. Seems like I remember reoving pinch clamp then sliding boot on then putting clamp back on.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As it turns out, I'm going to replace the whole cable, might as well since I'm this far. Idk why it wasn't done when the gimbal was replaced?
Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

OSO member , Motor

I know you are always trying to learn and always read my posts as you have learned a lot by reading them very closely. I wanted to post this a while back about shift cable problems on top of afterwards that had a recall.

Anyways add this link below to your info base on top of all my other posts that you closely followed and have learned a great deal of OEM marine information from that I have passed on.

Someday you will thank me for all this FREE information that has really helped you and made you smarter since I started posting on OSO. I know you think that I am dogging you here but again here is something else for free that all OEM dealers received - year(s) ago. please keep on following me you will learn a lot more.

http://www.marinemechanic.com/merc/m...wire-en_11.pdf

Last edited by BUP; 10-13-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OSO member Bup
Nobody could ever know as much as you .One day when I grow up maybe i'll be close. Then I can sell parts as an alleged ex dealer on a site that is completely free,and tell everyone about the billions of dollars of information in my head .I can only hope..You are my HERO.

Last edited by motor; 10-13-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 PM
BUP
Banned

See you do follow my posts very closely but I already knew that and then you decide what to pick at by throwing out a jab here and there.

why would I post moving out of my last showroom / shop last year to only hurt myself if it was'nt true. I do not even have a website anymore. I have loads of service manuals and parts that are in storage to sell. No difference than members up here selling parts that are kept in their garage. really do you think that I am making money from OSO by posting about 3 or 4 ads per year of something I am selling - really ??? and then have you come up and complain that I am dealer selling things on OSO.

Listen not to offend OSO or anyone here - 99 % of anything I am selling does not come from OSO nor do I plan on it or I intended it to.

But I will say I have gained about 14 people from OSO to flow test and clean their fuel injectors.

I am way past the grown up stage FYI. And thank you for the compliment about how much I know in the industry.

Last edited by BUP; 10-13-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know Bup .You are right ,I do read all your new threads .The same way I read any new threads when I go on OSO .Knowing what is new is one of the benefits of actually having paid at least a few bucks to help support the site. I know you are online now. You are a help to a lot of people and not looking to make enemies .
Old 10-13-2015, 06:15 PM
BUP
Banned

Ok I respect your reply and I do not want to have a left or a right jab thrown at me especially most of my posts are trying to help someone out or posting info on my dime. Yes I do make some bad posts but a lot of the time its because I am a bad speller and sometimes make run stories that make no sense or my darn computer seems to always have a stupid virus that makes it hard posting / typing out all the info correctly ..

I have spent money on OSO as well, I have paid for 3 classified ads that did not even do anything nor warrant any replies. just saying
Old 10-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bup I don't know why anyone with merc stuff or just boat related issues would not follow your advice, you've seen it, done it, over and over again! I've learned a tremendous amount just reading what you post.