VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Thank you again for doing this.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:01 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

And thanks for sending all of your sets to me. ^^^^^^^^^

I'm actually gone for 3 days to become a pest to these companies.

I am tired also of tearing down my own bravo's but at least I am catching it before major component failure. I have known better for many years now and have seen the start of it all with alot of pitting on these gears for years now from many other boaters as well. Very hard to even make work 625 hp pushing some real weight, boxes with XR's. just saying. I just can not leave well enough alone. Thanks again John
Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
My customer wanted his old gears.
Bup, that was me. I wanted to show the gears to some friends who didn't understand why and how these gears fail. I had not seen this thread but Brian mentioned that you would have liked to have the gears. I hope you got enough gears to serve your purpose. There are plenty of them out there!
Old 10-17-2015, 02:10 PM
BUP
Banned

Actually I really wanted more of the beginning process before the gear tooth / teeth has broken off. The gear surface pitting examples I really needed more of. And luck would have it, I torn down 2 dives as of late and they were looking good so I am NOT helping my own self out for the case and effect here.

If any one is in Michigan very close to Detroit and or the Detroit Airport who wants to help out or add to let me know. Oct 20 thru the 22. I will keep my eye on this just in case.

I will be flying into Detroit Airport on Tuesday mourning plane lands at 11: 30 am and will have a suitcase full of Bravo BS so there you go and come meet up with me (anyone).

Last edited by BUP; 10-17-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Actually I really wanted more of the beginning process before the gear tooth / teeth has broken off. The gear surface pitting examples I really needed more of. And luck would have it, I torn down 2 dives as of late and they were looking good so I am NOT helping my own self out for the case and effect here.

If any one is in Michigan very close to Detroit and or the Detroit Airport who wants to help out or add to let me know. Oct 20 thru the 22. I will keep my eye on this just in case.

I will be flying into Detroit Airport on Tuesday mourning plane lands at 11: 30 am and will have a suitcase full of Bravo BS so there you go and come meet up with me (anyone).
This is possible. Mine are from a lower but are at just the pitting stage you describe. Do you just have a layover in Detroit or can you meet somewhere off airport grounds? Let me know. Post here or PM or call me. Carl 248-330-0048.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Detroit area and possible Novi area. You even come with me for the 3 days if you like. Meet at the airport so then I can cancel my darn rent a car - yeah - I do not know the area at all - have lots to do in the 3 days in the area of Detroit . .
Old 10-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Registered

I can't do 3 days. Going to Paul McCartney Wed. I might be able to pick you up at the airport and drive you to your destination if not too far. We need to talk about it. Watching Mich/Mich State football now. I plan to go to Brian's shop first which is near Detroit Metro Airport. Call me later this evening if you'd like or give me your number. Mine is in above post. Carl.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Registered

Nice talking to you. I didn't know that "Gear Expo 2015" was at Cobo Hall. We walked through on the way to the sold out Paul McCartney show which was at the same complex. I can't help but wondering though if we are simple asking too much by running so much power and torque through these small gear sets that appear to only have one tooth engaged at any given time. Throw in the shock of airtime and re-entries and it really seems to me that a better way of changing the direction of power needs to be engineered. The Arneson does away with the gear sets but doesn't work well on all hulls. So I think that maybe rather than asking these engineers to come up with a Superman gear set it might be better to ask them to throw that out the window and devise a new way to change power direction. I hope you enjoyed your time in Detroit. Downtown was hopping. Carl.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 10-22-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

^^^^^ Chains and sprockets?!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
^^^^^ Chains and sprockets?!
I like it. "Think outside the box"! Many 4-WD truck transfer cases use a chain drive and a wide chain and sprockets is a very tough setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.