Trim/Limit Switch help >

Trim/Limit Switch help

Notices

Trim/Limit Switch help

Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim/Limit Switch help

So I get the boat out for the first time this season a couple weeks back and the trim was acting funny like intermittent switch function trimming up.. I thought it was just a loose connection or something. It wasn't, the trim indicator gauge started working sporadically then finally quit working and so did the trim up off of the throttle lever, but worked fine using trim over ride for trailer loading.
I decided to investigate the problem and I pulled the cover off the starboard side and the contact switch was completely corroded off. So I made a new contact switch and now I am not sure if I should have not used dielectric grease or what the deal is as I re assembled the starboard and port side just as I had removed it and it will not trim up at all without over ride and the gauge is almost functioning backwards and very sporadically..

Help
Old 07-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue with mine on the starboard drive and just bypassed the trim limit switch. They can be finicky to adjust to stop in unison on twins. For me the limit switches are redundant because I will start to get prop slip way before I would trim too high to cause problems while running.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

you should be able to unplug the leads from the transom and plug them into each other to bypass it.