broken top cap stud bravo XR >

broken top cap stud bravo XR

Notices

broken top cap stud bravo XR

Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezstriper
it was broken off below the surface of the housing..knew the weld trick but did not think could get enough contact to weld
As stated above. Weld a nut to it. The weld won't interfere with the case, because its alum.... This will work...
Old 07-21-2016, 05:48 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
soaked couple of days now, tried heat, cold, been drilling a size or so at a time, right to edge of threads, no go, going to just helicoil at this point, frozen worse than I even saw...
Come up to Northern New England and work on some cars/trucks with us. You'll find a new defenition of stuck/frozen/corroded/ball buster/screw this youcan't pay me enough....feelings...lol.

I'm sure the marina guys that work at the ocean feel the same pain.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Come up to Northern New England and work on some cars/trucks with us. You'll find a new defenition of stuck/frozen/corroded/ball buster/screw this youcan't pay me enough....feelings...lol.

I'm sure the marina guys that work at the ocean feel the same pain.
Calcium chloride, I am personally convinced it is the best adhivse ever made for any type of metal. I am not sure why they even weld cars these days. All they would have to do is put all the panels together dip the whole thing in a tank of calcium chloride and they should be good to go. Think of the weight savings of all the unneeded welds and bolts.