Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull >

Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull

Notices

Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull

Old 07-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be watching this thread to see how it comes out. And truly wish you the best of luck with it.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look man. I wasn't mad at you or anything. There was no burned feelings. So why are you being like that. Those where honest questions. That I want honest answers for not sarcasm. There reason I'm on here is to get info on what works. For this drive and hull package. Not to be in a pissing contest. So again. If you know the height that would work best with this drive and hull then awesome. If not then that's fine to. If I don't hear from anyone by the time I cut those in the transom then I'm going to put it at the same height as the other boat.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Also. I can't figure out how to post pictures
Old 07-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being like what? Really I'm interested in how it comes out. No pissing or sarcasm here
Old 07-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by madmanmarine
Look man. I wasn't mad at you or anything. There was no burned feelings. So why are you being like that. Those where honest questions. That I want honest answers for not sarcasm. There reason I'm on here is to get info on what works. For this drive and hull package. Not to be in a pissing contest. So again. If you know the height that would work best with this drive and hull then awesome. If not then that's fine to. If I don't hear from anyone by the time I cut those in the transom then I'm going to put it at the same height as the other boat.
I can't answer your question so maybe I shouldn't post here but I think he's trying to help you.
The best advice is not always what you want to hear. I'm interested to see what others say, if they concur with class6. There's a lot of very knowledgeable guys on here with a wealth of experience. I'm not saying he's right or wrong but I think he's genuine in the opinion he's posted.

I watch many threads that have no direct connection to my boating but I do learn a lot about boats and it's all interesting stuff.

RR
Old 07-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

There's some great info in the old Pantera thread section, I'd have to say from a performance (and resale) standpoint I'd just go with a Bravo 1 since they're proven to be a performer on these boats. Most say to set the Bravo X-dimension around 17 or 18 on these boats. The best thread I read was by Tomas on his Orange 24 Pantera where me modified the bottom and raised the X and was hitting close to 80 mph with a stock 496 motor.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There are some guys (H20 & ol'redalert) from the east side of Michigan on here that had experience with what we call "Klim Gems". A lot of those 24/7 hulls had stern powr drives on them. Might see if you can roust them for some input...

Good luck with this project!
Old 07-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone. And like I said. I just wanted honest input. On height placement of a mx 07 drive. I have no problem with class6's comments other then it "seemed" like he was being sarcastic. Sorry class6.
Anyway. I'm not starting from scratch buying stuff for the build. I already have a stern powr drive and the motor and hull so I'm gonna use that. Even if it isn't perfect. I think I'm going to just use the same height I used on the 21 and see how it acts.
I'll look for the thread on the orange pantera and check it all out. Interested to see what the mod to the bottom was. Again. Still having problems finding the post pictures button or whatever. I AM on an iPhone so maybe I need to be on my laptop. Thanks Ian
Old 07-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Registered

HERTS U R

Old 07-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Registered

Thanks mike!! Good to hear from ya. I guess for now until I figure it out. I'll just send pics to you to post if that's cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.