SSM#3 Steering ram identifacation >

SSM#3 Steering ram identifacation

Notices

SSM#3 Steering ram identifacation

Old 06-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SSM#3 Steering ram identifacation

Hey all I am trying to find out who manufactures this steering ram looks like it has an 8# stroke. One is leaking and a hydraulic company wants $500 to fix it! There must be some of these used out there. They have no part #s or MFG identity on them.Different from Latham. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks like a Marine Machine to me. They are no longer in business, but I believe one of the owners is still selling left over parts. You'll have to do some digging for his number, but I know its listed somewhere as I've seen it.

I would take it to another shop, if it were me. I would think that should be able to be rebuilt for $50.00.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:55 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same rams on my Python.
Those
are Latham if i had them rebuilt at Latham.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok I tracked down Bing from Marine Machine had a good talk with him and sent him the pics. He said they are not his steering Rams but were from Connor Marine the folks that had Gentry etc. long gone! He advised me to have them done by the hydraulic shop because if the rods were pitted it will still leak, and a new ram is at least $1200, so I guess that is what I will do. comes with a 5yr warranty so ill take the plunge Yikes $$$ any way if anyone is looking for any parts he still has quite a bit. His # is 305-439-5991 he wont answer but leave a message and he will text or call you. Seems like a great Guy very knowledgeable. Thanks for the help guys.