Bravo and no water flow >

Bravo and no water flow

Notices

Bravo and no water flow

Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Bravo and no water flow

New one to me. Engine over heated while on the hose. Never an issue before. Impeller is fine. While intake hose was off the pump I turned the water on and nothing came out. Took the intake hose off and still nothing. But water will flow out thru the transom. Just not in. So I pulled out drive. Put muffs back on. Water came out. Drive was hanging nose down so I leveled it out and water stopped going thru it. Anyone seen anything like this before?
Draining the gear oil over night. Will drop the lower in the morning to see if I can find what's blocking the flow. Kind of wondering if wasps built a nest in it since last outing two weeks ago.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 134 Posts

Maybe your muffs are not sealing tight enough against the drive sides. Either that or your water pressure is low. The Bravo is a open channel for water
Old 10-25-2020, 03:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 469 Likes on 228 Posts

So your drive was trimmed up when you were doing this?? Your hose inside your transom assembly is probably kinking Part #15 (kit) https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...31000/11406/70

Not sure how your engine can run without water long enough to overheat and not ruin an impeller.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
So your drive was trimmed up when you were doing this?? Your hose inside your transom assembly is probably kinking Part #15 (kit) https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...31000/11406/70

Not sure how your engine can run without water long enough to overheat and not ruin an impeller.
No, the drive was all the way down the entire time. I'm not sure how the impeller was still in good condition either. Unless there was just enough water getting thru to provide lubrication at that point in the system. It has a little bit of set from being in all season but it has plenty of tension.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Smitty275;4763074]No, the drive was all the way down the entire time. I'm not sure how the impeller was still in good condition either. Unless there was just enough water getting thru to provide lubrication at that point in the system. It has a little bit of set from being in all season but it has plenty of tension.

Try a different impeller the hub could be spun out that happened to me two times
Old 10-25-2020, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 134 Posts

Bravoits maybe, you in salt water
The following users liked this post:
boatnt (10-25-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=addfrimodig;4763079]
Originally Posted by Smitty275 View Post
No, the drive was all the way down the entire time. I'm not sure how the impeller was still in good condition either. Unless there was just enough water getting thru to provide lubrication at that point in the system. It has a little bit of set from being in all season but it has plenty of tension.

Try a different impeller the hub could be spun out that happened to me two times
Never had that happen before, is a common thing with Mercruiser brand impellers?
Old 10-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it is not common but it does happen
Old 10-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That housing looks pretty rough also. May be put in a impeller and housing.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:46 PM
Registered

Mystery solved. Mud daubers had crawled in the water holes and built nests in the water passage.

Plus I'll address the sea pump since it's all apart. Was planning on another few outings. But since I've lost this weekend to freaking wasps I have the time before next weekend. I'll back flush the oil cooler too just in case some of the mud nests made it that far.
The following users liked this post:
Griff (10-26-2020)