Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
All American drive service >

All American drive service

Notices

All American drive service

Old 08-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me, this is a sunk cost. I'm not driving 500 miles to claim a pile of outdrive parts. I know a guy in Michigan who might go get it. If he does, I just hope it's worth the trip. I probably won't get a dime out of it, and I've made peace with that fact.
The following users liked this post:
Port 25 (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
I understand covid and part disruptions..but no money is inexcusable. poor money and employee management. It wasn’t a demand problem…very unfortunate for customers.
Yeah! It's a downright Shyster move to continue to take on work and WORSE money up front when all those stated out of business reasons were more or less right out in front after an amount of time from when all that Covid crap started.
Contingent on the family emergency maybe.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aads

He took my VP DPS-A around April 2021 and waited all summer for a gear set to arrive from Sweden. I got the drive back in Sept. Trucked on a pallet both ways. So his company was dealing with the COVID-19 issues in 2021. I assume my two year warranty if needed is not worth much.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:07 PM
Registered

My friend successfully picked up my drive at the shop today. If anybody reading this needs to pick up a drive, be prepared to wait.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Registered

Default Deposit refund

Originally Posted by LaRea
My friend successfully picked up my drive at the shop today. If anybody reading this needs to pick up a drive, be prepared to wait.
I would have to assume your friend asked whomever at the shop was handling the pickup about a refund of the deposit. What was he told?
Old 08-18-2023, 04:53 AM
Registered

I spoke to the lawyer who is helping them empty the warehouse. His firm is not involved in the finance side, and he has no information about the possibility of refunds.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:52 AM
Registered

Default Aads

Well it's nearing the end of the summer and people are just now getting their drives back, unrepaired, have to find another decent shop, wait in their queue, deal with parts delays and pay for the repair you already paid AADS for.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:01 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by River Rat 164
I'm not here to bad mouth George because he is a very knowledgeable guy and seems like he does good work when he does it. Sent him my blackhawk to just fix what was broke so I can test on a new hull, heard nothing productive for over a month then a yes $6500+/- and he will fix it. I said no I don't want to build a bullet proof drive only repair the broke. Called me back a month later with a $2,600 +/- price. At that point I said yes let's do it! And sent the money. Two months go by and I blow a bravo, call him for status update and get the "almost done story" I said stop (even though he never started) and put the money and parts into this bravo because I need it repaired more than a test drive. That was mid January 2022. Late January I send the bravo to him and $6,000 to keep hearing 'almost done, almost done' time and time again. Finally pulled the trigger early July and had him ship it all back. Over about a year and a half and $8,500+/- I I am stuck with two drives completely stripped down on pallets. They said they will reimburse me over several months minus the cost of tearing down the drives and shipping, not willing to meet in the middle or budge one bit. I hope I get my money back, ya'll be safe out there and be careful with all the BS we are going through these days. Gone this helps
I see that you're local to me. Should have brought them to me. Outside of gearset delays from Mercury, which are out of my control, I can turn them around in a week or two.
The following 3 users liked this post by Panther:
articfriends (08-18-2023), cheech (08-21-2023), the deep (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 03:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
Yeah! It's a downright Shyster move to continue to take on work and WORSE money up front when all those stated out of business reasons were more or less right out in front after an amount of time from when all that Covid crap started.
Contingent on the family emergency maybe.
I'm sorry to see about George. I used to get some hard to find parts from him here and there and a few towers installed in cases. When I spoke with him during Covid he had like 100 drives he couldn't get parts for. For me, during Covid I stopped taking drives in, period. If I knew I couldn't get the parts I didn't bother taking on the work or even a deposit. I just simply walked away from the work because I didn't want to deal with the BS. Drive work is great summertime work for me but 21/22 I didn't even bother with it. In some cases it took almost a year to get backordered gearsets. Sad state of affairs. He probably got too far behind, had loads of expenses and couldn't ever catch up. Probably a prime candidate for a Covid loan if he had access. Sorry to hear about all this. frank @ fumarine.net

If you're local to northern MD, I can help with drive repairs. However, I do not do out-of-state repairs that require shipping. Drop off and pickup only.
The following 4 users liked this post by Panther:
articfriends (08-18-2023), cheech (08-21-2023), Padraig (08-18-2023), the deep (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,095 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I'm sorry to see about George. I used to get some hard to find parts from him here and there and a few towers installed in cases. When I spoke with him during Covid he had like 100 drives he couldn't get parts for. For me, during Covid I stopped taking drives in, period. If I knew I couldn't get the parts I didn't bother taking on the work or even a deposit. I just simply walked away from the work because I didn't want to deal with the BS. Drive work is great summertime work for me but 21/22 I didn't even bother with it. In some cases it took almost a year to get backordered gearsets. Sad state of affairs. He probably got too far behind, had loads of expenses and couldn't ever catch up. Probably a prime candidate for a Covid loan if he had access. Sorry to hear about all this. frank @ fumarine.net

If you're local to northern MD, I can help with drive repairs. However, I do not do out-of-state repairs that require shipping. Drop off and pickup only.
This is exactly what he should of done instead of ripping people off and giving another black eye on the marine industry, thanks for offering up your services Frank
The following 6 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
AmiableDave (08-18-2023), articfriends (08-18-2023), bencini231 (08-21-2023), cheech (08-21-2023), Plowtownmissile (08-18-2023), the deep (08-18-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.