Bravo 1 increase negative trim cutting trim rods

Notices

Bravo 1 increase negative trim cutting trim rods

Old 09-20-2022, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Don_Juan View Post
Well after going to remove the trim cylinders today, I realized the drive already hits the gimbal ring. It appears I have some negative trim. It looks like a lot of work to shorten the rods, trim metal on the drive and maybe off the gimbal ring just to get a little more negative trim. I'm thinking there may not be much benefit in the small amount of increased negative trim I might be able to get.
I agree there is minimal gain to go thru all that work. I’ll live with the fact that I have to
bring it up to 3500 to get on plane.

Last edited by cig28; 09-20-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty275 View Post
At least you were smart enough to look it over before you did a bunch of work for nothing.
LOL. Yes. It's on a lift so it makes it more difficult to check out. I had to borrow a friend's small floating dock to get to it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don_Juan:
SB (09-21-2022), Smitty275 (09-22-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cig28 View Post
I agree there is minimal gain to go thru all that work. Ill live with the fact that I have to
bring it up to 3500 to get on plane.
That's my rpms too. Lots of bow rise still and fairly slow to plane out. I already put on a Max Machine Worx cavitation plate and run a 5 blade. Next I'll have to look into a 1" driver spacer.
The following users liked this post:
cig28 (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have trim tabs? You can drop a little tab to get you on plane then pull them back up...that way you don't lose anything on the top end with spacers and what not...I believe in this situation the five blade may be hurting you...might be biting too hard initially causing the bow to rise and then doesn't have enough to make it fall over....could be way off but a possible lab job on the prop from a reputable source may solve your issue...just some thoughts before you start going down a rabbit hole of endless parts and time.

Stewart
Old 09-21-2022, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think my problem is my x dimension is high. The shafts are 3” below the bottom. I’ve tried my tabs in all location and the only way that helps a little is all the way down. I have 280 tabs and was thinking the longer 380 tabs my help. If I find a set of 380 plates I’ll buy them and give it a shot.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Was just a suggestion...that's weird about your 280's..I put 280's on mine when I did my refit and if I bump those things at all down you can feel it! Granted I only have a 28 nordic heat but they make a world of difference for me. I believe hardin marine sells a kit to upgrade 280's to 380's I think. May be worth a look

Stewart
Old 09-22-2022, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY View Post
Was just a suggestion...that's weird about your 280's..I put 280's on mine when I did my refit and if I bump those things at all down you can feel it! Granted I only have a 28 nordic heat but they make a world of difference for me. I believe hardin marine sells a kit to upgrade 280's to 380's I think. May be worth a look

Stewart
I have a 30 Cig Mystique Twin Step
Old 09-22-2022, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Where are you tabs located on the boat? Mine are as wide as I could get them on the back and the hinge pin is about an inch above the bottom of the boat. Yours isn't that much bigger than mine and its crazy to me seeing what mine do that your 280's don't bury the nose of that thing when down. If I drop mine like an inch below the bottom it physically lifts the back of the boat and buries the nose. Your boat is heavier with a deeper vee and twins in the back so I'm sure all of that comes into play however. Plus you're stepped and mines not so that plays in a little too.

Stewart
Old 09-22-2022, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

A simple mod for negative trim is running the "celery stick" in the rearward position.
The following 2 users liked this post by VoodooRob:
BBYSTWY (09-22-2022), Gimme Fuel (09-22-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY View Post
Where are you tabs located on the boat? Mine are as wide as I could get them on the back and the hinge pin is about an inch above the bottom of the boat. Yours isn't that much bigger than mine and its crazy to me seeing what mine do that your 280's don't bury the nose of that thing when down. If I drop mine like an inch below the bottom it physically lifts the back of the boat and buries the nose. Your boat is heavier with a deeper vee and twins in the back so I'm sure all of that comes into play however. Plus you're stepped and mines not so that plays in a little too.

Stewart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.