Amp mounting suggestions >

Amp mounting suggestions

Notices

Amp mounting suggestions

Old 01-24-2018, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Amp mounting suggestions

i am planning an upgrade in my Sunsation 28.8 MCOB. Need suggestions on amp placement, I have 2 amps I need to install. Any suggestions? I was thinking somewhere in the cabin may be best. They are marine amps but the mfg does not suggest you install them in the engine compartment.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all my stereos I have added to boats I always do them in the console. But I have never had a cabin. I agree , not in the engine compartment .
Old 01-25-2018, 06:05 AM
Registered

I would avoid putting it in the engine compartment due to the wet/moist/hot environment. Try putting it under the dash, the closer to the head unit the better, as you will be able to run shorter RCA cables (with longer cables running next to power wires there is more probability of introducing interference).

With the amp in the dash, it will be far from the batteries, so just make sure you use a very high quality and proper gauge power and ground to the amp.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TorchLK
I would avoid putting it in the engine compartment due to the wet/moist/hot environment. Try putting it under the dash, the closer to the head unit the better, as you will be able to run shorter RCA cables (with longer cables running next to power wires there is more probability of introducing interference).

With the amp in the dash, it will be far from the batteries, so just make sure you use a very high quality and proper gauge power and ground to the amp.
Agreed, 1/0 wire is available from a welding supply stores as a ground strap. It works great for power and ground on longer runs
Old 01-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 829 Likes on 350 Posts

I mounted mine in the cabin. It’s surprising how hot those puppies get! Little bit of a pain with more cable mounting them further from the batteries but I think they’re safer here. A little paint and some creativity with my wife’s vinyl cuttter and viola

Amp mounting suggestions-1e2b5a45-9712-4208-b962-25259098d751.jpg
Old 03-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Installed mine under the bench seat. Location still allows for plenty of storage. Shortened up the battery cable runs significantly and don’t think they will get too hot. Rubber mounted to reduce vibration.

Last edited by tgorbett; 03-13-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 03-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Registered

The above install is a clean and great option. The only thing I would suggest, is to use a good high quality tinned power wire.... To prevent corrosion.