Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph! >

30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

Notices

30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

All The 28's we have built did not have boxes. we have built 3 o6's so far and all ran between 102-105mph with 32p bravo's. The better set up is to run the 30p bravos and run high 90's everytime and plane easy. For your box question, ask jerry or john at eliminator. 951-681-1222 joe
Old 09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Registered

Yes, It must be special water! It could be that our showroom is 10 feet from the water and we test 200+ days a year! All these numbers are facts supported by gps. If anyone would like to make a small or large wager (bet) We can support it that way also. we'll be happy to back it up! BRING CASH!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
This is just what I am talking about here. I am certainly not on this thread to critisize or question the Eliminator Daytonas, they are Awesome boats and have proved themselves as just such! The problem that has risen is that several people who bought the 30's with stock 496HO's have not been able to see the 100mph plus numbers. I think the lightened weight of the Kevlar hull specially built test boat, with the Merc ITS extensions that were on the boat and not available with the 496 package coupled with a expierenced raceboat driver and ideal conditions created the 103MPH number the boat hit in the test, which was an awesome result and was real. Our job was to get an average production 30' Eliminator up over 100MPH, and we did that! This is sometimes an industry problem, builders and engine and drive manufacturers get a little "outside the box" in buildups and rigging to achieve a fantastic result that is hard to recreate economicaly or repeatably in production of the shelf conditions.Yet the marketing people want to latch on to these results to obviously help sell boats and magazines to the high performance boating community. Let's face it tits the excitement and enthusiasm of a 100mph boat is what sells these boats! The other sometimes obvious condition is that most boat owners want their boat faster than it really is and their tests of top speed always seems to get a little "fudge" on the high side for bragging rights. This customer boat is still having the problem of being difficult to get up on plane quickly under heavy load and this is because when she comes up and starts to roll down the extra horsepower with the 32P Bravo 1's, the props start to blow out. She will still hit the top speed number and acceleration numbers on plane no problem. When we turn up the rev limiter past 5150 and lab the props I am pretty sure it will see another 3-4 mph. I am pretty sure that with a little refinement to prop setup and possible X-height adjustments that this planning problem will be solved and the stock production 30' and 33' Eliminator Daytonas will be honest 100mph + boats with Raylar HO525's (496HO's with 103 kits), normal loads, average conditions and good recreational drivers. If we
deliver this, mission accomplished!!

Thanks for your input and thoughts!

Ray @ Raylar
Ray I spoke with the editor of extreme boats the other day and told him I would like to see some of your test results. Your the kind of person that improves our industry. If I had ordered my daytona with the 496 than I would already have been calling you for the upgrade, but I have gotten the 525 efi . When are you going to help ME !!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered

Ray, sounds like your firm is dedicated to raising the performance for the 496 owners. Have you tried any 5 blade hydromotives to eliminate your prop blowout issues? I run a 28 daytona td with twin 625 hp motors, imco boxes and shorties and had planning issues with 32p bravos labbed and unlabbed. The labbed prop actually had bigger issues blowing out when planning. The hydro 30p 5 blade p5x has produced the best all around results from start to finish. My experience with the daytonas is the setup is absolutely vital to top performance. Keep up the good work.......
Old 10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

Fastcash:

Thanks for the headsup! When it comes to motors, I feel pretty comfortable, but in props I am not that well educated so its great to get your expierence. Its obvious that in any performance engine power upgrade the extra power is only half the equation. I have personally noticed when driving a lot of these bigger cats, lets say 28' to 36' that with higher engine power the increase in prop pitch lets say above 30P leaves some of these boats struggling to get up on plane quickly. I was thinking that the 5 blade might be the answer, but I have had some who tell me you should'nt run a 5 blade on a cat hull. Its good to know you have had great results. I am going to recommend that the owner try a set of those P5x's and see if it helps. I have heard that the top speed is only slightly affected sometimes and I think for low end and cruising this would be a much better setup! Its good to know that some of us think outside the box and try new setups. Everyone else in the industry just benefits from the information sharing. Keep it up!

thanks Again!

Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

Smile Re: 30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

I am happy to report that I own the 2002 30 Daytona that set the record for 103 M.P.H with stock 496 H.O's. Right now I run 32s that Mr Leach had labbed for me. So far I have seen a best speed of 98 M.P.H. by G.P.S. I'm sure that I could hit the 103 mark if I had different props, but I boat on Table Rock Lake in Missouri & would need more open space to get there. I wish I had more room!! Maybe Raylar and myself could do a test with the original Eliminator test boat that hit 103 to see just high fast a 30 Daytona is with their kit??? If interested PM me.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Registered

Love table rock. What a beautiful lake. I have never seen a 30 eliminator on that lake. Is it new there?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30DAYTONA
I am happy to report that I own the 2002 30 Daytona that set the record for 103 M.P.H with stock 496 H.O's. Right now I run 32s that Mr Leach had labbed for me. So far I have seen a best speed of 98 M.P.H. by G.P.S. I'm sure that I could hit the 103 mark if I had different props, but I boat on Table Rock Lake in Missouri & would need more open space to get there. I wish I had more room!! Maybe Raylar and myself could do a test with the original Eliminator test boat that hit 103 to see just high fast a 30 Daytona is with their kit??? If interested PM me.
Did you buy your 30 from Bud's Place? If so, I looked at that boat also, very nice. I believe it had the Mercury ITS system. Not enough room on Table Rock to let it all hang out?? I'm pretty sure I saw you on LOTO this past summer near Backwater Jacks. I was running the red and yellow 28 TD. I'd be interested to see what the Raylar's would do in your set up. Good luck...
Old 11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: 30 Eliminator Daytona twin Raylars @103mph!

It is new to Table Rock Lake This year. I picked it up July 3rd from Buds Place. I didn't know of its famous history until they let me in on it while I was doing the paperwork. They handed me a Powerboat magazine from early 2002 and it had my boat on the front cover! I thought it was a pretty cool bonus for me! I was also won the (C2S2 Class) Shootout at Lake Of The Ozarks this year with it. I wonder if 108 to 110 mph with the Raylar kit installed and correct props is out of the question? Hey Raylar, LETS DO IT!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

does anyone have or know anyone that has a whipple on the 525efi? Looking for any problems, results.