new guy with a Daytona

Notices

new guy with a Daytona

Old 08-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new guy with a Daytona

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
Yeah been into jeeping for a few years. EJS,Rock comps etc...

did you go to Hannibal Mo last weekend? Maybe this weekend? We might know each other

My other ride
Attached Thumbnails new guy with a Daytona-jellico-small-custom-.bmp  

Last edited by Cattitude; 08-15-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Registered

No I didnt make it over. Ive been to rockport numerous times. Had a silver TJ, Competed in the RRock series last year in Mod stock div 2. Had a black TJ before that.

Originally Posted by Cattitude
did you go to Hannibal Mo last weekend? Maybe this weekend? We might know each other

My other ride
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered

No I didnt make it over. Ive been to rockport numerous times. Had a silver TJ, Competed in the RRock series last year in Mod stock div 2. Had a black TJ before that.

Small world- I'll tell Tom & Debbie you said hi
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Small world- I'll tell Tom & Debbie you said hi
LOL yeah small world it is. Tom calls me Strange Jeeper for some reason he cant pronounce Stang
Old 08-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

stnagjeeper I am still going to give you a ring sometime....oh and I told a guy about your boat this weekend has anyone called you from LOTO this week? Younger guy that had a 21 daytona jet that he just sold???? any of that ring a bell?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Nope but thanks for the lead. Ive gotten tons of calls from all the US. just no one with Money. Guess its fate that I shouldnt upgrade to a larger model.
Besides you dont want your buddy owning a faster boat than you do ya?

Originally Posted by TravisB
stnagjeeper I am still going to give you a ring sometime....oh and I told a guy about your boat this weekend has anyone called you from LOTO this week? Younger guy that had a 21 daytona jet that he just sold???? any of that ring a bell?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Nope but thanks for the lead. Ive gotten tons of calls from all the US. just no one with Money. Guess its fate that I shouldnt upgrade to a larger model.
Besides you dont want your buddy owning a faster boat than you do ya?

haha well this guy was just some random guy wanting to look at my boat....I had never met him before! He asked me if I knew where there were any for sale...I thought of yours and told him about it. I thought he might at least call. OH well
Old 08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the 25 daytona family. You will grow to love your boat and it's ability to tear up big, confused lake chop with ease. Be careful when running in rollers over 3 to 4 feet though, they make nasty launch ramps. Spend the time to learn it and its handling characteristics well before looking for the edge of the envelope when it comes to turning it. The hull is very forgiving and easy to drive BUT it can and will bite you if you ignore its warnings. The daytona 25 exibits a funny sort of sponson drop/wiggle when nearing the edge of turning grip at lower speeds. As quoted to me by Bob Leach"If you see the outside sponson drop in comparison to the horizon, back off the steering wheel or prepare for a wild ride". It will make some serious G force turns when settled on the front half of the hull but don't try any hard turns when its rocked back on the step and flying or you'll be sorry. Wide drifting sweepers are the order of the day at speed.

On another note, if you like to be different than the rest of the crowd, keep your eyes out for a Black Hawk drive. Sure woke my 25 up in the top end. Its a little trickier to drive and turn due to almst no drive in the water to keep the stern behind the bow in corners but it throws a nice rooster ( click signature link ) and runs over 8mph faster than it did with a bravo drive behind a 500efi.
Attached Thumbnails new guy with a Daytona-rooster2a.jpg   new guy with a Daytona-rooster.jpg   new guy with a Daytona-album_pic.jpg  

Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

thanks for all the good info.I have been taking it easy learning how to drive it...and I have been taking wide sweepers because I have heard several first hand stories about them spinning out like a jet ski. Forgive my newbie-ness but have never heard of a black hawk drive? what kind of power do they hold? How much?

Thanks
T

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Welcome to the 25 daytona family. You will grow to love your boat and it's ability to tear up big, confused lake chop with ease. Be careful when running in rollers over 3 to 4 feet though, they make nasty launch ramps. Spend the time to learn it and its handling characteristics well before looking for the edge of the envelope when it comes to turning it. The hull is very forgiving and easy to drive BUT it can and will bite you if you ignore its warnings. The daytona 25 exibits a funny sort of sponson drop/wiggle when nearing the edge of turning grip at lower speeds. As quoted to me by Bob Leach"If you see the outside sponson drop in comparison to the horizon, back off the steering wheel or prepare for a wild ride". It will make some serious G force turns when settled on the front half of the hull but don't try any hard turns when its rocked back on the step and flying or you'll be sorry. Wide drifting sweepers are the order of the day at speed.

On another note, if you like to be different than the rest of the crowd, keep your eyes out for a Black Hawk drive. Sure woke my 25 up in the top end. Its a little trickier to drive and turn due to almst no drive in the water to keep the stern behind the bow in corners but it throws a nice rooster ( click signature link ) and runs over 8mph faster than it did with a bravo drive behind a 500efi.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TravisB
thanks for all the good info.I have been taking it easy learning how to drive it...and I have been taking wide sweepers because I have heard several first hand stories about them spinning out like a jet ski. Forgive my newbie-ness but have never heard of a black hawk drive? what kind of power do they hold? How much?

Thanks
T

Black hawk is an awsome drive and the Daytona is one of the few boats it really worked well with- its a shorter surfacing drive with counter rotatin props.

Effective- yes
hard to find-yes- discontinued yrs ago
parts avail- some easy, some hard
props- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$- see hard to find
500hp should be considered max reliable hp- even then- not sure the diameter of the inner shaft- I'm guessing it is 1" and would fatigue and leave the shaft/one prop as a fish attractor

In todays world, IMHO you can gain just as much with a good xr/xz imco lower and a higher X- might not be as good in some respects on paper- but more available, affordable, reliable and similar/better gains have been attained

Quick Reply: new guy with a Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.