Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
Is Eliminator going under? 40-60% off?? >

Is Eliminator going under? 40-60% off??

Notices

Is Eliminator going under? 40-60% off??

Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is Eliminator going under? 40-60% off??

Ive heard a rumor that Eliminator is on their last leg and is currently offering 40-60% off on new boats. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say no!!!!! All MFG are hurting on sells....But u have to look at Eliminators track record, and they have been around for a long time....70's,80's,90's,etc.........I think little MFG's will go under.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I hate to speculate and I certainly dont know what kind of money they have access to.......but didnt they just build some new large facility? I would guess they are hurtin right now after growing so large to keep up with demand, demand that has all but gone away now. Might be downsizing.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DEVO24
I would have to say no!!!!! All MFG are hurting on sells....But u have to look at Eliminators track record, and they have been around for a long time....70's,80's,90's,etc.........I think little MFG's will go under.
Have you spoken with the factory? Im not trying to stir anything up but Ive heard this from a couple different sources. 1-2 boats per month (in sales) warranted the 40-60% price cuts due to no demand. Financing is also very difficult to get due to depreciation and the fact that alot of boats (even brand new) arent worth their asking price.

You mention the little MFG but what happened to Baja? Werent they sold to Fountain for a song and a dance? Speaking of Fountain Ive also heard that they are deep in debt.
Its a scary time out there and believe me I dont think any of us want to see a boat manufacturer (or a dealer) close their doors..This whole thing is just unbelievable.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

Eliminator's situation is that they are offering 40% off on their IN STOCK inventory only, which is floored by Key Bank. It is common knowledge in the industry that Key Bank has pulled out of boat and RV flooring completely as of late Sept 08, and is requiring all inventory to be sold off.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeToBurn
Eliminator's situation is that they are offering 40% off on their IN STOCK inventory only, which is floored by Key Bank. It is common knowledge in the industry that Key Bank has pulled out of boat and RV flooring completely as of late Sept 08, and is requiring all inventory to be sold off.
40% off new doesn't come easy, even in this climate. Depending on the brand, 30% to 32% off is usually the most you can get, unless it's an invetory thing like you state. Probably a couple of good bargains for those that really want one.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

I just bought my 08 eliminator last spring from a dealership and I paid less then then there big sale price by almost ten thousand, so I figure they are still making a few points even at there sale price. If they do go under then who will we buy the finest custom boats money can buy from? but boy I sure hope they can make it through this.

Last edited by turbo94gto; 01-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

I know nothing about the state of eliminator but Mako and Seacraft both very big companies are basicaly gone closed there plants. Sea Ray is closing the Tenn. plant. Eliminator would be considered a smaller company in the boating industry. It will be a very intresting year or two.

oldschoolfan
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I belive the price cut is on the hulls only as they are not rigged with power yet. (or are they?)

So, they have the room to play with the #'s on the parts they make whereas the engine package there is not that much mark up in them.

If things got really bad they could just move back to the original shop and continue to do business.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo94gto
I just bought my 08 eliminator last spring from a dealership and I paid less then then there big sale price by almost ten thousand, so I figure they are still making a few points even at there sale price. If they do go under then who will we buy the finest custom boats money can buy from? but boy I sure hope they can make it through this.
where do you get "custom" from....they are productions boats like baja...fountain and donzi....not that there is anything wrong with that...but Skater...MTI...Nortech and such are custom built boats...

Quick Reply: Is Eliminator going under? 40-60% off??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.