Arneson Drive on a 28 Daytona >

Arneson Drive on a 28 Daytona

Notices

Arneson Drive on a 28 Daytona

Old 10-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson Drive on a 28 Daytona

Anybody running a Arneson surface drive on a 28, either new from factory or conversion from Bravo?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Question

Ive never seen an Elim Cat with surface drives......

anyone have one?... or any pics???
Old 01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Anybody running a Arneson surface drive on a 28, either new from factory or conversion from Bravo?
There's a 30' Eliminator with Arnesons, the 28 would work easily as well as the 27' as the sponson notch is no small it does not interfere with the installation of the Arnesons.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I looked into this previously as well. Was tired of the concern about blowing bravos. I actually was contacted by the Arneson guys and they were quite confident about the application. I would reach out to them and gain their perspective as well as who they might recommend doing the work.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
I looked into this previously as well. Was tired of the concern about blowing bravos. I actually was contacted by the Arneson guys and they were quite confident about the application. I would reach out to them and gain their perspective as well as who they might recommend doing the work.
While Rik is a super nice guy and responds to inquiries about these drives, I could never get a solid answer to my questions about who could handle this install and how much it would cost. Like all things in the marine industry, these drives are cloaked in secrecy about cost and possible difficulty of install. I know the overall goal is to protect the dealer/distributor chain, but someone should be able to give a customer an idea of how to move forward with the install of these drives. I was not looking to cut out anyone or get a low price, I just wanted two Arneson's installed correctly and wanted to know they would work without a summer of tweaking. Part of the reason I eventually bought a new boat with NXT drives is because I could not figure out the Arneson install and feel comfortable they would be a good fit for my old 28 Daytona. My original plan was to repower my 28 and change the drives, but in the end I like the path I took of simply replacing the boat in lieu of dropping $100k in drives and engines. I am sure the Arneson's are great drives, but when someone reaches out to them and wants to buy, they should have a dealer network that can take over and quote a price and give one some assurance that they would not be forging a new path and the end results would be positive. Just my two cents.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While Rik is a super nice guy and responds to inquiries about these drives, I could never get a solid answer to my questions about who could handle this install and how much it would cost. Like all things in the marine industry, these drives are cloaked in secrecy about cost and possible difficulty of install. I know the overall goal is to protect the dealer/distributor chain, but someone should be able to give a customer an idea of how to move forward with the install of these drives. I was not looking to cut out anyone or get a low price, I just wanted two Arneson's installed correctly and wanted to know they would work without a summer of tweaking. Part of the reason I eventually bought a new boat with NXT drives is because I could not figure out the Arneson install and feel comfortable they would be a good fit for my old 28 Daytona. My original plan was to repower my 28 and change the drives, but in the end I like the path I took of simply replacing the boat in lieu of dropping $100k in drives and engines. I am sure the Arneson's are great drives, but when someone reaches out to them and wants to buy, they should have a dealer network that can take over and quote a price and give one some assurance that they would not be forging a new path and the end results would be positive. Just my two cents.
just a BLANK CHECK BIG Daddy
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Default Surface drives

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
just a BLANK CHECK BIG Daddy
I would have spent whatever it took to install these drives, within reason, if I could have found someone who knew about them, had done them before or could be certain they could set them up in a reasonable of time, but when asked, Arneson could not provide the name of anyone on the east coast they felt could do this. Not slamming anyone, but I see a lot of people inquire about and show interest in these drives, but I wonder how many actually get them installed. It seems to me there is interest enough to set up a network of dealers who could, give a price, install and provide service after the fact.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have spent whatever it took to install these drives, within reason, if I could have found someone who knew about them, had done them before or could be certain they could set them up in a reasonable of time, but when asked, Arneson could not provide the name of anyone on the east coast they felt could do this. Not slamming anyone, but I see a lot of people inquire about and show interest in these drives, but I wonder how many actually get them installed. It seems to me there is interest enough to set up a network of dealers who could, give a price, install and provide service after the fact.
Same thing we ran into with the 33 Daytona w bravos & got worse with the Scs , was either surface or switch boats & never been happier ..
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installation is fairly simple and straight forward. All the components are included in the kit, simply remove all the Bravo (or any out-drive if there is one) and follow the mounting instructions for the Arnesons. There are only 10 holes to drill for the standoff box and from that point onward it is plug and play. Any marine place can do this and in Buford there is Canale Marine that can do the install and service.

Nothing secretive and you can always purchase direct if you wish and self install if you wanted.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Question

Why does someone choose surface drives if you cannot steer the boat at low speeds or around docks w/ them?

I must be missing something? what good are they?
except a lil faster??

anyone?....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.