30 Eagle questions...

Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any help?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered

Does your boat chime walk? Do u runs tabs level with the bottom of boat? Or do u drop them a little lower?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cloudmaster_321
I've still been keeping my eye open for a 30 Eagle that appeals to me. I've seen this one for sale on this website for quite a while. Does anyone know anything about it? I don't know really anything about Ron Sporl engines, or what these really are that are installed. Carbed? Injected?

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/12887

Thanks.
This boat was sold 2 years ago, reason I know that is because I bought it! Ron sporl engines are very good, although someone messed with them and I ended up repowering with Sporl agaian, but went a little bigger, 650 hp per side. I too have a problem with chine walking around 80 - 85mph, Ive tried bunch of props, haven't found anything that helps it, I can get about 93 mph on gps if I can hold on to it.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brandon.xp30
This boat was sold 2 years ago, reason I know that is because I bought it! Ron sporl engines are very good, although someone messed with them and I ended up repowering with Sporl agaian, but went a little bigger, 650 hp per side. I too have a problem with chine walking around 80 - 85mph, Ive tried bunch of props, haven't found anything that helps it, I can get about 93 mph on gps if I can hold on to it.
Yeah no kidding! If I have tabs up u can't do 60. Dropping tabs down gets me 80 but still almost outa control. That's with no wake. With a little chop I can hit 100 for a short distance but gotta shut it down before I hit a side roller. That triggers the chime and feels like it will roll over. Do fountains do this?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Just picked up a 300 Eagle this spring with twin 496HOs and I've only had it out a few times, but it get's loose quick with the tabs up. Anybody try three blade props?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to ask, since I was asking the same questions when I first got my 25 eagle 6 years ago, and it was chine walking badly on me. Have you guys ever driven a stepped hull with a pad before? If not, there are some growing pains of getting used to the hull. My boat will top at 80mph, and between 60-70, you may need to "bump steer" to keep it on the pad. Not sure if that is a technical term or not, but if you feel it starting to chine to one direction, it is necessary to stop that cycle by quickly bumping the steering the opposite direction. From 70-80, it is almost always necessary in anything but perfectly calm water. The more "washing machine" the water get's, the more bump steering is necessary. I don't have tabs on my boat either. I do have full hydro steering however. I don't know if the 30's come with full hydro steering from the factory or not, but if it's an add on hydro, I would recommend completing the system. I also did have my props labbed by B-blades, and I feel that helped in this regard as well.