Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
2000 33 eliminator hop >

2000 33 eliminator hop

Notices

2000 33 eliminator hop

Old 10-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems I had a1999 33 Daytona with big power and the retooled bottom. Bob Leach worked very hard on my boat trying to get it to work and ultimately got the boat to work OK. Bob redid the bottom filling in the huge steps and that helped. Then added a tunnel tab and that helped a little. Then played with X dimension and props which had no effect on the hop. In the end the boat would hop from 85-115. In smooth water it was at its worse and could not drive through it. In 2' chop or better could drive through it and once the boat was at 120 MPH it would finally take a set but you had to be hard on the throttles to get thru the hop.

The other ill handling issue was the outward lean when cornering from 40 MPH to 65 MPH. I simply did not want to turn the boat when it was between 40-65 MPH, it was very uncomfortable. After 70 the boat turned flat but needed a ton of wheel input to make course adjustment.

When I sold my boat I demonstrated the boat handling in detail to the new owner. He was not looking for the boat to be the fastest on the water. He loved the way the boat would ride at 80 MPH in 2'-4' chop. The older 33 was a heavy boat and it did ride very nicely in s straight line at 80 MPH. That it did very well!

Good luck, you are welcome to PM me for a phone number and pick my brain, I spent a lot of time and money on my 33 and I know what worked and what did not, we tried it all!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Would any one recommend the new 33 with 6 drives with moderate power 800 hp?
Is this hop gone on the 2012 or newer 33 daytona ? I really want one but not if this is a problem i cant and wont live with
any advise would be appreciated
Old 11-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT PLATE
Would any one recommend the new 33 with 6 drives with moderate power 800 hp?
Is this hop gone on the 2012 or newer 33 daytona ? I really want one but not if this is a problem i cant and wont live with
any advise would be appreciated
The post 2000/2001 33 is a sound bottom design and very fast. I do believe there is the typical slight hop 90-100 and pronounced low speed outward turn lean but nothing like the prior bottom. I don't think many #6 33 Daytonas were built so good luck with that search. If you are looking for a center pod boat and 6 drive in that size range you may have more luck finding a quality F32 DCB as there were quite a few of them built with 6 drives. I believe there are 2-3 for sale right now, Bob Teagues personal boat being one of them. The F32 also amazingly has no hop at any speed and turns great at all speeds.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
The post 2000/2001 33 is a sound bottom design and very fast. I do believe there is the typical slight hop 90-100 and pronounced low speed outward turn lean but nothing like the prior bottom. I don't think many #6 33 Daytonas were built so good luck with that search. If you are looking for a center pod boat and 6 drive in that size range you may have more luck finding a quality F32 DCB as there were quite a few of them built with 6 drives. I believe there are 2-3 for sale right now, Bob Teagues personal boat being one of them. The F32 also amazingly has no hop at any speed and turns great at all speeds.
Thanks for the info I love the DCB but my heart is on the Daytona .Is Bobs boat on the classified OSO? I guess I will ask eliminator if his team has the bottom figured out. I was going new not used .Hopefully all the years they have been in biz they can get the set up to work properly for a future buyer . I just want a river boat with 6.s and good reliable power
Anyone else buy a new 33 lately that they are happy or un-happy with?
Thanks everyone
Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SlighT hop???? Tell that too everyone who has privately contacted me and some on this thread. Try 80 -105.... maybe with some ***** engines. I wouldn't be so pissed if some people didn't tell me about the excuses that have been thrown out there. If you want one hell of a deal come get mine. Has 100,000 in engines and perfect shape. Tons of options. 75,000 and it books for 106,000.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eliminatorshane
SlighT hop???? Tell that too everyone who has privately contacted me and some on this thread. Try 80 -105.... maybe with some ***** engines. I wouldn't be so pissed if some people didn't tell me about the excuses that have been thrown out there. If you want one hell of a deal come get mine. Has 100,000 in engines and perfect shape. Tons of options. 75,000 and it books for 106,000.
I was referring to slight hop in post 2001 not pre 2001 like yours. The current bottom is a good design and works well.

I am obviously tainted and own an F32 DCB but I have also owned a 33 Daytona and the build quality and overall performance of the F32 vs a Daytona is no comparison IMHO. The F32 just does everything right at all speeds. The Daytona still has some slight character flaws, not serious but evident.

Bobs F32 is on DCB web site and power boat listings along with 2 other #6 F32's. Bobs has fresh state of the art 1,200's which I can tell you from experience act like stock motors until you put the sticks down, they are so docile around the dock but are explosive in acceleration.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Registered

Mine make 1200 and 1000 ft lbs. Also a 33 2001 and newer don't hop bad. Just the hulls with the notch in sides 2 per side
Old 11-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Sorry don I read it while driving. Now I'm on my iPad and yes I will agree. Once my eliminator is sold I will be looking into a dcb,or 28 outboard skater. I'm done with eliminator . These where my dream to own them and I have nothing but disappointment in the 33. My 25 was fun and is the fastest 25 built and is still highly sought but it's for sale too. Hard too find someone wanting a small 25 right now I guess.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Shane, is your 33 the one from Michigan with custom poker run rear seat built into the engine hatch and #5 drives? If so I had many conversations with that original owner as we were both working on the bottoms of our 33 to get the boat to work. Just an FYI, Thane (when he was at Eliminator) reworked the bottom of my boat and got it to work OK, far from perfect but way better. Thane is now the GM at Nordic in Havasu and if you have not talked to him you may want to consider it as he might be able to help settle down your boat.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Thanks doc.. I've been trying to find him. I own a fiberglass shop and just need too know what he did. My boat is from oklahoma and texas. If you go too Google and put in 99 33 daytona at legend marine it will pull it up. It's white,purple,gray. Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.