Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
2000 33 eliminator hop >

2000 33 eliminator hop

Notices

2000 33 eliminator hop

Old 11-23-2014, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

33 Daytona Open Bow...TCM 700's...120 off the trailer...

http://youtu.be/T3k-n_XL4_Q
Old 11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sb. Like you said you never owned a cat... thsee particular daytonas in the 33. Hop real bad.they will all hop. But here's the deal. From 80-115,120 sucks. So would you enjoy only 80 or always going 120?? I have gotten some feedback and too say the least one guy guy spent 70,000 just to try to make it go away and it only helped a little. The 2001 up don't do it but I'm gonna sell it and go with skater,mti,dcb. Something in that area.I bet I have more elimi ator memorabilia than anyone and love the 25 I habe for sale too but enough with the throwing out stuff to correct it from factory because with all the messages I got it got them nowhere. Last thing I'm gonna do is call thane and then make my decision. I would love too be able too take a drink while going 81 mph without pepsi going everywhere.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by shootitup
understand you so well bro !!
Before buying mine CC never hop, after the deal and driving boat myself it hops all the time
After 3 years now, sorry to say this but it is in hull design.
Boat want to go exact position but drives, props, cg, x-dim, in/out, etc. not allowed to do that.
Same thing with CC can make it less but never get it away..
It is too accuracy for running position (angle).
Maybe it is pontoon angle (more "V" degree could help) maybe something else.

Have try weight to bow weight to stern, different props no help.
Now i have #6 shafts and prop world is open..
Next season will try big tunnel tab..

Good luck to you
I did see your speed run in Hanko this year and it looked really wild

Is this hop thing common on older cats or is this only an issue if the boat is re-powered with much more HP than stock?

How about 33' Daytonas with 496 HO engines... with those they seems to top out on mid 80' and no reports on hop...

Juzzi

Last edited by Juzzi; 12-05-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Juzzi
I did see your speed run in Hanko this year and it looked really wild

Is this hop thing common on older cats or is this only an issue if the boat is re-powered with much more HP than stock?

How about 33' Daytonas with 496 HO engines... with those they seems to top out on mid 80' and no reports on hop...

Juzzi
looked wild.. we put little show

What if i say that slip % was over 20, you can calculate what the speed has been with 11% slip.
Winner fountains need to do something it is shame when we are so close with 40 year old race horse

Boat are different, dont know eliminator reasons.
Chris cats are done for offshore race.
back then not matters how boat run flat. they are done for high safety for big waters.
With all respect the drivers and rigging is something else with those back then pro's than sunday drivers like we are.

If you talk that boat for sale here It is possible to hit hop proplem if increase speed.
But if keep boat like it is it will work and no hop at 80 i think.
That boat are poor bravo drives. With big power you cannot use bravo they will bang at minute.
Mine CC will not hop at 80 it starts 85-90. But who wants to drive 80 when you can go +120
Old 12-08-2014, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

What if i say that slip % was over 20, you can calculate what the speed has been with 11% slip.
Winner fountains need to do something it is shame when we are so close with 40 year old race horse

back then not matters how boat run flat. they are done for high safety for big waters.
With all respect the drivers and rigging is something else with those back then pro's than sunday drivers like we are.

If you talk that boat for sale here It is possible to hit hop proplem if increase speed.
That boat are poor bravo drives. With big power you cannot use bravo they will bang at minute.
Mine CC will not hop at 80 it starts 85-90. But who wants to drive 80 when you can go +120
Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Registered

It was a good show I'd say :-D ...

It really looked wild when we looked it from front...our boat was just next to the finish line and from that angle you could see the hop really well.

So next year you're aiming to find the 9-10km/h more?
...That would put you to the top ...if the Fountains stay where they have been the last 5 years...

And yeah....I'm talking about the Daytona 33 what is for sale locally...
It does have Bravos but with just 496 HO's they might be enough...just curious because it is said to top out at around 85mph.
There are not many cats locally to choose from...as you well know.

I would be happy to Cruise at 80 :-)....My own little Project boat will max out at around 70..(I hope..)
...and even that slow speed is faster than 99% of the boats that we have here...

Juzzi
Old 12-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Do the 36's do this too?